- Implementing the Surgical Apgar Score in patients with trauma hip fracture
Department of Anaesthesiology, Reanimatology and Intensive Care, University Hospital Centre Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia Electronic address
Injury 46:S61-6. 2015
- Vascular access for chronic hemodialysis in a patient with epidermolysis bullosa dystrophica Hallopeau-Siemens
Department of Anesthesiology, Reanimatology and Intensive Care, University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Hemodial Int 17:126-9. 2013
..We report the successful establishment of long-term dialysis access via Tesio catheter and suggest this approach as ideal for these patients. This is the first report dealing with vascular access in this group of patients...
- [Renal replacement therapy in a polytraumatized patient with hemophilia]
Zagreb University Hospital Center, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Med Croatica 66:247-50. 2012
..CWHDF (hemodiafiltration) was restarted. Several large hematomas were found in the abdominal cavity and in the inguinal region, one of them inducing compartment syndrome with leg necrosis. The patient died from cardiorespiratory arrest...
- Respiratory arrest due to hematoma caused by thyreocervical trunk branch laceration and confluence of sinuses perforation
Department of Anesthesiology, Reanimatology and Intensive Care, University Hospital Center Zagreb, Croatia
J Vasc Access 13:259-62. 2012
..Complications associated with catheter placement can be mechanical, infectious, and thrombotic, and may occur during or following insertion of central venous catheterization which is a life-saving procedure for patients...
- Malposition of central venous dialysis catheter in the right internal mammary vein in uremic patient: case report
Department of Anesthesiology, Resuscitation and Intensive Care, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Clin Croat 50:623-6. 2011
..Malposition of central venous catheter into small tributaries of central vein is a rare complication which can be hazardous and needs to be quickly recognized...
- [Pathophysiology of delirium]
Tajana Zah Bogović
University of Zagreb School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Resuscitation and Intensive Care, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Med Croatica 66:61-6. 2012
..The mechanisms responsible for postoperative cognitive changes are not fully understood, but it is certain that they are multifactorial. Risk factors may be associated with patient characteristics, type of surgery and type of anesthesia...
- [Prevention and treatment of intensive care unit delirium]
Daniela Bandić Pavlović
Zagreb University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Med Croatica 66:49-53. 2012
..Delirium management includes haloperidol as the first line medication, but also olanzapine and risperidone as atypical neuroleptics. Benzodiazepines are used in delirium caused by alcohol withdrawal...