- Laparoscopic accuracy in prediction of appendiceal pathology: oncologic and inflammatory aspects
Department of Surgery, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petach Tikva 49100, Israel Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel Electronic address
Am J Surg 206:805-9. 2013
..In the prelaparoscopy era, macroscopically normal appendices were routinely resected. The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of laparoscopy...
- Acute appendicitis in the twenty-first century: should we modify the management protocol?
Department of Surgery, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petach Tiqva, 49100, Israel
J Gastrointest Surg 17:1462-70. 2013
..Recent data challenge the traditional management of acute appendicitis with early surgical intervention. This study evaluated the impact of timing of appendectomy and other potential risk factors on progression of acute appendicitis...
- Laparoscopy: a safe approach to appendicitis during pregnancy
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY 10029, USA
Surg Endosc 24:383-9. 2010
..The aim of this study was to evaluate laparoscopic versus open surgery for suspected appendicitis during pregnancy...
- Laparoscopic approach for metachronous cecal and sigmoid volvulus
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, NY 10029, USA
JSLS 14:561-5. 2010
..Metachronous colonic volvulus is a rare event that has never been approached laparoscopically...
- Nonocclusive ischemic colitis: analysis of risk factors for severity
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, New York
Am Surg 80:454-60. 2014
..These factors might enable earlier identification of patients who may benefit from early operation. Further prospective studies focusing on subgroups of IC (occlusive and nonocclusive) are required. ..
- Surgical management of acute right lower-quadrant pain in pregnancy: a prospective cohort study
Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Coll Surg 211:490-4. 2010
..The etiology of right lower-quadrant pain in pregnant patients is a challenge in diagnosis. We discuss the surgical issues among pregnant patients with right lower-quadrant pain and demonstrate the method to diagnosis...
- Laparoscopic total gastrectomy with Roux-y esophagojejunostomy for chronic gastric fistula after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
Almog Ben Yaacov
The Department of Surgery, Rabin Medical Center, Campus Beilinson, Petach Tiqva, Israel
Obes Surg 24:425-9. 2014
..7 days (range, 5-15 days), without conversions, leaks, or other complications. In experienced hands, total gastrectomy is feasible by laparoscopic techniques and should be performed soon after the fistula is established...