Affiliation: St. Petersburg
- Prevention of suicide by naltrexone in a recently detoxified heroin addictE M Krupitsky
St Petersburg Regional Center for Research in Addiction and Psychopharmacology, affiliated with Pavlov State Medical University, Novo Deviatkino 19 1, St Petersburg, Leningrad Region 188661, Russia
Eur Addict Res 7:87-8. 2001..This case demonstrates that naltrexone can have immediate as well as long-term positive effects in persons who are attempting to recover from heroin addiction...
- Psychosocial and contextual correlates of opioid overdose risk among drug users in St. Petersburg, RussiaLauretta E Grau
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale School of Public Health, 60 College St, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Harm Reduct J 6:17. 2009..Future research should target the development of effective overdose recognition and prevention interventions, especially ones that include naloxone distribution and involve drug users' families...
- HIV prevention costs and program scale: data from the PANCEA project in five low and middle-income countriesElliot Marseille
Institute of Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 7:108. 2007..Information on the relationship between scale and unit costs is critical to project the cost of global HIV prevention efforts and to allocate prevention resources efficiently...
- Use of naltrexone to treat opioid addiction in a country in which methadone and buprenorphine are not availableEvgeny Krupitsky
Department of Addictions, St Petersburg Bekhterev Psychoneurological Research Institute, St Petersburg, Russia
Curr Psychiatry Rep 12:448-53. 2010..This article summarizes the results of studies conducted in Russia during the past 10 years that demonstrate these points...
- Long-acting depot formulations of naltrexone for heroin dependence: a reviewEvgeny M Krupitsky
Laboratory of Clinical Psychopharmacology of Addictions, Valdman Institute of Pharmacology, St Petersburg State Pavlov Medical University, St Petersburg, Russia
Curr Opin Psychiatry 23:210-4. 2010..Long-acting sustained release formulations of naltrexone (implantable and injectable) might help to improve compliance and, thus, increase the efficacy of abstinence-oriented treatment of heroin dependence with naltrexone...
- Single versus repeated sessions of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy for people with heroin dependenceEvgeny M Krupitsky
Research Laboratory, St Petersburg Regional Center of Addictions and Psychopharmacology, St Petersburg State Pavlov Medical University, St Petersburg, Russia
J Psychoactive Drugs 39:13-9. 2007..It was concluded that three sessions of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy are more effective than a single session for the treatment of heroin addiction...
- Ketamine psychotherapy for heroin addiction: immediate effects and two-year follow-upEvgeny Krupitsky
St Petersburg Research Center of Addictions and Psychopharmacology, Novo Deviatkino 19 1, Leningrad Region 188661, Russia
J Subst Abuse Treat 23:273-83. 2002....
- Randomized trial of long-acting sustained-release naltrexone implant vs oral naltrexone or placebo for preventing relapse to opioid dependenceEvgeny Krupitsky
Department of Pharmacology, St Petersburg Pavlov State Medical University, St Petersburg, Russia
Arch Gen Psychiatry 69:973-81. 2012..More patients in the NI+OP than in the other groups develop wound infections or local irritation, but none are serious and all resolve with treatment. TRIAL REGISTRATION clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00678418...
- Injectable extended-release naltrexone for opioid dependence: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre randomised trialEvgeny Krupitsky
Bekhterev Research Psychoneurological Institute, St Petersburg State Pavlov Medical University, St Petersburg, Russia
Lancet 377:1506-13. 2011....
- Gender differences in neurocognitive functioning among alcohol-dependent Russian patientsBarbara Flannery
RTI International, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:745-54. 2007....
- Neurocognitive characterizations of Russian heroin addicts without a significant history of other drug useDiana H Fishbein
Transdisciplinary Behavioral Science Program, RTI International, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 90:25-38. 2007..Because the nature and degree of recovery from drug abuse are likely a function of the type or pattern of neurocognitive impairment, differential drug effects must be considered...
- Multidimensionality of the Alcohol Withdrawal Symptom Checklist: a factor analysis of the Alcohol Withdrawal Symptom Checklist and CIWA-ArBrian Pittman
NIAAA Center for the Translational Neuroscience of Alcoholism, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:612-8. 2007....
- Association between alcoholism and gamma-amino butyric acid alpha2 receptor subtype in a Russian populationJaakko Lappalainen
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:493-8. 2005..The goal of this study was to test whether GABRA2 is associated with alcohol dependence in a sample of Russian alcohol-dependent men...
- NMDA receptor antagonism and the ethanol intoxication signal: from alcoholism risk to pharmacotherapyJohn H Krystal
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1003:176-84. 2003....