Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: St. Petersburg
- Berstein L. Metformin in obesity, cancer and aging: addressing controversies. Aging (Albany NY). 2012;4:320-9 pubmed..Here we discuss whether the discrepancies in different studies are merely methodological or inherently related to individual differences in responsiveness to the drug. ..
- Berstein L, Boyarkina M, Vasilyev D, Poroshina T, Kovalenko I, Imyanitov E, et al. Endocrine metabolic disorders in patients with breast cancer, carriers of BRCA1 gene mutations. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2012;152:610-2 pubmed..BRCA1 gene mutations in breast cancer patients were associated with signs of estrogenization and a pro-genotoxic shift in the estrogen and glucose system, which could modulate the disease course and requires correction. ..
- Berstein L, Imyanitov E, Suspitsin E, Grigoriev M, Sokolov E, Togo A, et al. CYP19 gene polymorphism in endometrial cancer patients. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2001;127:135-8 pubmed..Thus, CYP19 polymorphism might be one of the genetic risk factors for endometrial cancer development. ..
- Berstein L, Imyanitov E, Kovalevskij A, Maximov S, Vasilyev D, Buslov K, et al. CYP17 and CYP19 genetic polymorphisms in endometrial cancer: association with intratumoral aromatase activity. Cancer Lett. 2004;207:191-6 pubmed..Further studies are warranted to connect revealed regularities with the type I or II of EC. ..
- Berstein L, Koskela A, Boyarkina M, Adlercreutz H. Excretion of estrogens, catecholestrogens and phytoestrogens in carriers of BRCA1 gene mutations: effects of metformin. Neoplasma. 2010;57:333-8 pubmed