Genomes and Genes
Alexey V Polonikov
- Polonikov A, Ivanov V, Solodilova M, Khoroshaya I, Kozhuhov M, Panfilov V. Promoter polymorphism G-50T of a human CYP2J2 epoxygenase gene is associated with common susceptibility to asthma. Chest. 2007;132:120-6 pubmed....
- Polonikov A, Ivanov V, Solodilova M, Khoroshaya I, Kozhuhov M, Panfilov V. The relationship between polymorphisms in the glutamate cysteine ligase gene and asthma susceptibility. Respir Med. 2007;101:2422-4 pubmed..03 95% CI 1.05-3.90, p=0.06). This is a first study reporting the association between genetic variations in the glutamate cysteine ligase gene and susceptibility to bronchial asthma. ..
- Polonikov A, Ivanov V, Solodilova M. Genetic variation of genes for xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymes and risk of bronchial asthma: the importance of gene-gene and gene-environment interactions for disease susceptibility. J Hum Genet. 2009;54:440-9 pubmed publisher..The study results point to the potential relevance of toxicogenomic mechanisms of bronchial asthma in the modern world, and may thereby provide a novel direction in the genetic research of the respiratory disease in the future. ..
- Polonikov A, Ivanov V, Solodilova M, Kozhuhov M, Panfilov V. Tobacco smoking, fruit and vegetable intake modify association between -21A>T polymorphism of catalase gene and risk of bronchial asthma. J Asthma. 2009;46:217-24 pubmed publisher....
- Polonikov A, Solodilova M, Ivanov V. Genetic variation of myeloperoxidase gene contributes to atopic asthma susceptibility: a preliminary association study in Russian population. J Asthma. 2009;46:523-8 pubmed publisher..We put forward a suggestion about a possible mechanism by which the -463G > A polymorphism of the MPO gene is involved into pathogenesis of asthma. ..
- Polonikov A, Yarosh S, Kokhtenko E, Starodubova N, Pakhomov S, Orlova V. The functional genotype of glutathione S-transferase T1 gene is strongly associated with increased risk of idiopathic infertility in Russian men. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:1144-7 pubmed publisher..The nondeletion genotype of the GSTT1 gene was found to be strongly associated with the increased risk of idiopathic male infertility and asthenozoospermia. ..
- Polonikov A, Vialykh E, Churnosov M, Illig T, Freidin M, Vasil eva O, et al. The C718T polymorphism in the 3'-untranslated region of glutathione peroxidase-4 gene is a predictor of cerebral stroke in patients with essential hypertension. Hypertens Res. 2012;35:507-12 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrated for the first time that the C718T polymorphism in the 3'-untranslated region of the GPX4 gene could be considered as a genetic marker of susceptibility to CS in patients with EH. ..
- Polonikov A, Kharchenko A, Bykanova M, Sirotina S, Ponomarenko I, Bocharova A, et al. Polymorphisms of CYP2C8, CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 and risk of coronary heart disease in Russian population. Gene. 2017;627:451-459 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to substantiate the contribution of these genes to the disease risk. ..