Affiliation: Moscow State University
Location: Moscow, Russia
- [Induction of nuclear envelope formation around individual chromosomes under impact of hypotonic shock]S Iu Kurchashova
Department of Electron Microscopy, Research Institute of Physico Chemical Biology after A N Belozersky, Moscow State University
Tsitologiia 45:298-307. 2003..Comparative analysis of lamins and LAP2 alpha distribution have revealed that chromosomes have special sites for binding with different proteins...
- Microtubules growth rate alteration in human endothelial cellsIrina B Alieva
Electron Microscopy Department, A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, 119992 Moscow, Russia
J Biomed Biotechnol 2010:671536. 2010..Our results indicate functional interactions between cell-cell contacts and microtubules...
- In vivo immunogold labeling confirms large-scale chromatin folding motifsIgor Kireev
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, 601 S Goodwin Ave, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Nat Methods 5:311-3. 2008..We detected large-scale chromatin folding motifs within intact interphase nuclei of CHO cells and visualized the ultrastructure of DNA replication 'factories' labeled with GFP-proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA)...
- Penetration of short fluorescence-labeled peptides into the nucleus in HeLa cells and in vitro specific interaction of the peptides with deoxyribooligonucleotides and DNAL I Fedoreyeva
All Russia Research Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology, Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 76:1210-9. 2011....
- Structural-functional model of the mitotic chromosomeV Yu Polyakov
Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 71:1-9. 2006..A structural-functional model of the mitotic chromosome is proposed based on the principle of discreteness of structural levels of DNA compactization...
- Physical mapping of the 5S rRNA in the common sea urchin, Paracentrotus lividus (Echinodermata: Echinoidea), by in situ hybridizationE Gornung
Department of Animal and Human Biology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Cytogenet Genome Res 111:186. 2005
- Stabilization of macromolecular chromatin complexes in mitotic chromosomes by light irradiation in the presence of ethidium bromideEugene V Sheval
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, GSP 2, Moscow 119992, Russia
Cell Biol Int 28:835-43. 2004..Thus, the method allows chromatin substructures (chromonemata and centromeric heterochromatin) to be stabilized inside mitotic chromosomes...
- The topology of early- and late-replicating chromatin in differentially decondensed chromosomesIoulia Kobliakova
Department of Electron Microscopy, A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, 199992, Moscow, Russia
Chromosome Res 13:169-81. 2005..Remarkably, despite these major changes in the structure of the chromosomal bands, the replication foci still preserve their discrete structure...
- Insights into interphase large-scale chromatin structure from analysis of engineered chromosome regionsA S Belmont
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Center for Biophysics and Computational Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 75:453-60. 2010....
- Visible light irradiation of ethidium bromide-stained interphase nuclei causes DNA-protein linking and structural stabilization of nucleoprotein complexesAndrey N Prusov
Division of Electron Microscopy, A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Photochem Photobiol 78:592-8. 2003..The structural stabilization of interphase chromatin is possibly mediated by free radical-based mechanisms, whereas disulfide bonds seem to play no significant role in the cross-linking...
- Large-scale chromatin structure of inducible genes: transcription on a condensed, linear templateYan Hu
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Cell Biol 185:87-100. 2009..Our results call for reexamination of classical models of interphase chromosome organization...
- Visualization of early chromosome condensation: a hierarchical folding, axial glue model of chromosome structureNatashe Kireeva
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Cell Biol 166:775-85. 2004..We propose a unified model of chromosome structure in which hierarchical levels of chromatin folding are stabilized late in mitosis by an axial "glue."..
- The facultative heterochromatin of the inactive X chromosome has a distinctive condensed ultrastructureAlena Rego
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois, 601 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Cell Sci 121:1119-27. 2008..Implications of our results for models of Xi gene silencing and chromosome territory organization are discussed...
- [Structure of the intracellular part of the motility apparatus of halobacteria]I I Kireev
Mikrobiologiia 75:364-70. 2006..The PCSs in complexes with flagella were also isolated from the haloalkaliphilic bacterium N. magadii. The specific structure of the archaeal motility apparatus is discussed...
- High-pressure treatment of polytene chromosomes improves structural resolutionDmitri V Novikov
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, B107 Chemical and Life Sciences Building, 601 S Goodwin Ave, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Nat Methods 4:483-5. 2007..We demonstrate applications to immunofluorescence and in situ hybridization...