M Y Menshikov
Affiliation: Institute of Experimental Cardiology
- Participation of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) in neutrophil transendothelial migrationBoris K Pliyev
Department of Biological and Medical Chemistry, Faculty of Fundamental Medicine, Moscow State University, Lomonosovsky Pr, 31 5, Moscow 119192, Russia
Mol Immunol 48:1168-77. 2011..Thus, uPAR expressed on neutrophil plasma membrane regulates transendothelial migration independently of uPA proteolytical activity and acting as a cofactor for integrin Mac-1...
- Extracellular acidosis promotes neutrophil transdifferentiation to MHC class II-expressing cellsBoris K Pliyev
Department of Biological and Medical Chemistry, Faculty of Fundamental Medicine, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Cell Immunol 271:214-8. 2011..Thus, extracellular acidosis can represent a factor that promotes neutrophil transdifferentiation and potentiates the functional abilities of the transdifferentiated cells in inflammatory foci in vivo...
- Alpha-fetoprotein contributes to THP-1 cell invasion and chemotaxis via protein kinase and Gi-protein-dependent pathwaysEkaterina Zubkova
Institute of Experimental Cardiology, Cardiology Research and Production Center, Moscow, Russia
Mol Cell Biochem 379:283-93. 2013..The action of CCR5 inhibitor Maraviroc results in partial suppression of MMP9 up-regulation and calcium response suggesting that CCR5 might be involved in these effects...
- Plasmin-independent gelatinase B (matrix metalloproteinase-9) release by monocytes under the influence of urokinaseM Y Menshikov
Institute of Experimental Cardiology, Cardiology Research Center, 3 ya Cherepkovskaya ul 15A, Moscow, 121552 Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 66:954-9. 2001..The effect of urokinase is completely abolished by actinomycin D and cycloheximide, indicating the participation of transcription and translation processes in its development...
- Urokinase upregulates matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in THP-1 monocytes via gene transcription and protein synthesisMikhail Menshikov
Institute of Experimental Cardiology, Cardiology Research Center, 3rd Cherepkovskaya St, 15a, 121552, Moscow, Russia
Biochem J 367:833-9. 2002..These results suggest that urokinase upregulates MMP9 expression in monocytes via MMP9 gene transcription and protein biosynthesis...
- Urokinase induces matrix metalloproteinase-9/gelatinase B expression in THP-1 monocytes via ERK1/2 and cytosolic phospholipase A2 activation and eicosanoid productionMikhail Menshikov
Institute of Experimental Cardiology, Cardiology Research Center, Moscow, Russia
J Vasc Res 43:482-90. 2006..We characterized the mechanisms by which uPA regulates matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP9) function in THP-1 monocytes...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator stimulates vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation via redox-dependent pathwaysMikhail Menshikov
Cardiology Research Center, Moscow, Russia
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:801-7. 2006..Because increases in VSMC reactive oxygen species (ROS) contribute to VSMC proliferation, we hypothesized that uPA increases ROS generation by regulating expression or activity of cellular oxidases...