- The effect of telephonic patient support on treatment for opioid dependence: outcomes at one year follow-up
Health Analytics, 9200 Rumsey Road, Columbia, MD 21045, USA
Addict Behav 37:686-9. 2012
..The present study examined the impact of a telephonic patient support program known as HereToHelp™ (HTH) on compliance and treatment outcomes among opioid dependent (OD) patients new to buprenorphine treatment (BUP)...
- Empirical view of opioid dependence
Health Analytics, LLC, 9250 Bendix Rd N, Ste 240, Columbia, MD 21045, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 16:S9-13. 2010
..Inappropriate use of narcotic analgesics leads to uncontrolled pain management, dependence, and may lead to patient deaths, creating a tremendous cost burden to the health care system...
- Practice strategies to improve compliance and patient self-management
Health Analytics, LLC, 9250 BendixnRd N, Ste 240, Columbia, MD 21045, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 16:S26-7. 2010
..Opioid dependent patients tend to be less productive at work and in society and utilize a great many health care resources. Optimizing outcomes is essential...
- A national study of a telephone support service for patients receiving office-based buprenorphine medication-assisted treatment: study feasibility and sample description
Health Analytics, LLC, Columbia, MD 21045, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 39:307-17. 2010
..Results indicate that by using appropriate tools, it is feasible to conduct a clinical study of B-MAT patients, recruited at the point of service, and that telephonic patient support was an acceptable treatment adjunct...
- Clinical differences between opioid abuse classes ameliorated after 1 year of buprenorphine-medication assisted treatment
Health Analytics, LLC, Columbia, Maryland 21045, USA
J Addict Dis 31:100-11. 2012
..Findings highlight the disparities between the various opioid-dependent patient subpopulations and suggest that buprenorphine-medication assisted treatment is an effective treatment across user subtypes...
- Compliance with buprenorphine medication-assisted treatment and relapse to opioid use
Health Analytics, LLC, 9200 Rumsey Road, Columbia, MD 21045, USA
Am J Addict 21:55-62. 2012
..Understanding the factors that drive treatment compliance and noncompliance may assist providers in supporting patient compliance and recovery. ..
- Opioid dependence treatment and guidelines
Lancer Solutions, LLC, New Milford, CT 06776, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 16:S14-21. 2010
..In response to the growing incidence of opioid dependence, guidelines have been created, and new treatments are being developed to assist physicians in treating dependence and withdrawal of opioids...
- Trajectories of health care service utilization and differences in patient characteristics among adults with specific chronic pain: analysis of health plan member claims
Health Analytics, LLC, Columbia, Maryland, USA
J Pain Res 6:137-49. 2013
..The lack of consistency surrounding the diagnosis of chronic non-cancer pain, treatment approaches, and patient management suggests the need for further research to better characterize the chronic non-cancer pain population...
- Psychiatrist characteristics that influence use of buprenorphine medication-assisted treatment
From the Department of Quality, Outcomes and Research JA, AE, and Division of Behavior Health RC, Magellan Health Services and Department of Translational Sciences JT, CR, Health Analytics, Columbia, MD
J Addict Med 4:197-203. 2010
..The purpose of this study was to measure self-reported psychiatrists' practice patterns, personal and professional characteristics, and psychiatrists' barriers to treating OD patients with office-based opioid therapy...