- Critical appraisal of bevacizumab in the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer
Department of Medico Surgical Sciences and Biotechnologies, Sapienza University, Oncology Unit, SM Goretti Hospital, Latina
Onco Targets Ther 5:199-211. 2012
..Finally, bevacizumab therapy in the neoadjuvant setting for the treatment of liver metastasis is well tolerated, safe, and effective...
- An unusual case of spleen metastasis from carcinoma ex pleomorphic adenoma of the parotid gland
Department of Medico Surgical Sciences and Biotechnologies, Faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Oncology Unit, ICOT, via Franco Faggiana, 1668, 04100 Latina, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 12:18. 2014
- Bevacizumab plus chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer patients treated in clinical practice
Oncology, S M Goretti Hospital, Latina, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Future Oncol 8:1193-7. 2012
..We aimed to evaluate the overall clinical response to such a therapy in clinical practice and assess the role of KRAS status on therapy response...
- Emerging role of cetuximab in the treatment of colorectal cancer
Department of Medico Surgical Sciences and Biothecnologies, Oncology Unit, S Maria Goretti Hospital, Latina 04100, University of Rome Sapienza, Italy
Recent Pat Anticancer Drug Discov 7:233-47. 2012
..Moreover, toxicity seems to correlate with response to treatment. This patents review focuses on recent advances in the treatment of CRC with cetuximab including several novel therapeutic protocols of intervention...
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) radiotracers in oncology--utility of 18F-Fluoro-deoxy-glucose (FDG)-PET in the management of patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
Department of Experimental Medicine University of Rome Sapienza viale Regina Elena 324, Rome, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 27:52. 2008
..This review focuses on radiotracers used for PET scan with particular attention to Non Small Cell Lung Cancer diagnosis, staging, response to treatment and follow-up...
- Breast adenomyoepithelioma: a case report with malignant proliferation of epithelial and myoepithelial elements
Department of Medical Surgical Sciences and Biotechnologies, Histopathology Unit, Polo Pontino Sapienza University of Rome, Latina, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 11:285. 2013
..Malignant changes arising in this lesion are extremely rare and may involve one or both cellular components...
- Emerging role of cancer stem cells in the biology and treatment of ovarian cancer: basic knowledge and therapeutic possibilities for an innovative approach
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Rome, Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 32:48. 2013
..In our review, we focused our attention on the molecular characteristics of epithelial ovarian cancer stem cells, in particular on possible targets to hit with targeted therapies. ..
- Thyroid dysfunction and tyrosine kinase inhibitors in renal cell carcinoma
Oncology Unit ICOT, Department of Medico Surgical Sciences and Biotechnologies, University of Rome Sapienza, Latina, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 20:R233-45. 2013
..Certainly, other studies are needed to clarify whether a better outcome is associated with hypothyroidism induced to TKIs in patients with mRCC...
- Beyond bevacizumab: investigating new angiogenesis inhibitors in ovarian cancer
Sapienza University of Rome, Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Policlinico Umberto I, Rome, Italy
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 23:37-53. 2014
..Angiogenesis is a significant target for ovarian cancer therapy...
- Bone metastases from bladder perivascular epithelioid cell tumor - an unusual localization of a rare tumor: a case report
Department of Biotechnologies and Medico Surgical Sciences, Urology Unit, ICOT, Sapienza University of Rome, Latina, Italy
J Med Case Rep 8:227. 2014
..Perivascular epithelioid cell tumors are mesenchymal tumors composed of histologically and immunohistochemically distinctive perivascular epithelioid cells. This type of tumor is rare but bladder localization is even rarer...
- The synchronous occurrence of squamous cell carcinoma and gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) at esophageal site
Gian Paolo Spinelli
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Rome Sapienza, Rome, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 6:116. 2008
..According to the literature, gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) rarely originate from the esophagus. Moreover there are not reports of synchronous occurrence of squamous cell carcinoma and GIST at esophageal site...
- Malignant transformation of well-differentiated papillary mesothelioma 13 years after the diagnosis: a case report
Chair of Geriatrics, Unit of Respiratory Pathophysiology, Campus Bio Medico University, Rome, Italy
Clin Respir J 8:124-9. 2014
..Finally, the role of immunohistochemistry in the diagnosis of WDPM and the possible mechanisms leading to this unique way of metastatisation are discussed. ..