- Previous cyclodestruction is a risk factor for late-onset hypotony and suprachoroidal haemorrhage after glaucoma drainage device surgery
Center of Ophthalmology, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Strasse 9, Cologne, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 97:715-9. 2013
..To investigate whether previous cyclodestructive (eg, cyclophotocoagulation and cyclocryodestruction) procedures have any influence on the general outcome and pressure level after glaucoma drainage device (GDD) surgery...
- [Is prophylactic YAG iridotomy useful in pigment dispersion syndrome?]
Zentrum für Augenheilkunde, Universitat zu Koln, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, 50931 Koln
Ophthalmologe 110:306-9. 2013
..In cases of insufficient intraocular pressure and visual defects due to glaucomatous optic nerve damage, incisional glaucoma surgery is usually necessary especially in younger patients with a long life expectancy...
- Rebound, applanation, and dynamic contour tonometry in pathologic corneas
Center for Ophthalmology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Cornea 32:313-8. 2013
- [Juvenile glaucoma in propionic acidemia]
Zentrum für Augenheilkunde, Universiät zu Köln, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, 50931, Koln, Deutschland
Ophthalmologe 109:1211-3. 2012
..This article describes the first case of a 12-year-old boy with PA showing bilateral glaucomatous optic disc atrophy due to dysgenetic changes of the angle of the anterior chamber...
- Biodegradable implant for tissue repair after glaucoma drainage device surgery
Department of Ophthalmology, Bad Tölz
J Glaucoma 21:76-8. 2012
..To report a novel technique using biodegradable material to cover exposed glaucoma tube shunts...
- [Rebound tonometry and applanation tonometry during narcosis investigation of pediatric glaucoma]
Zentrum für Augenheilkunde, Universitat zu Koln, Joseph Stelzmann Straße 9, 50931, Koln, Deutschland
Ophthalmologe 108:331-6. 2011
..A comparison of intraocular pressure (IOP) in cases of infantile glaucoma during general anesthesia was carried out by measurement with the iCare rebound tonometer (RBT) and a handheld applanation tonometer (Perkins)...
- [Factors influencing applanation tonometry - a practical approach]
Augenklinik, Universitätskliniken Köln
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 228:109-13. 2011
..and should be kept in mind. According to the available literature the absence of a correct calibration cannot be neglected...
- A prospective randomised trial of trabeculectomy using mitomycin C vs an ologen implant in open angle glaucoma
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cologne, Koln, Germany
Eye (Lond) 24:1449-57. 2010
- A new rebound tonometer for home monitoring of intraocular pressure
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 249:1713-9. 2011
- Capsule excision and Ologen implantation for revision after glaucoma drainage device surgery
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Strasse 9, Cologne, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:1319-24. 2010
..We present the outcome of capsule excision after failed GDD surgery compared to capsule excision with additional use of a biodegradable implant (Ologen, version 2) as a placeholder...
- Effect of a capsular tension ring on refractive outcomes in eyes with high myopia
Andrea M Schild
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:2087-93. 2010
..To evaluate the effect of capsular tension ring (CTR) implantation on refractive outcomes in patients with high myopia...
- Intra-individual comparison after combined phaco-trabecular aspiration in pairs of pseudoexfoliative eyes
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, 50931 Koln, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:79-83. 2010
..In this study, we wanted to elucidate whether the result of combined phacoemulsification with trabecular aspiration in the first operated eye is predictive for outcome in the contralateral eye...
- Canthaxanthin retinopathy: long-term observations
Centre of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Ophthalmic Res 46:103-6. 2011
..To describe the long-term outcome of canthaxanthin retinopathy...
- Profibrotic cytokines in aqueous humour correlate with aqueous flare in patients with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment
Department of Vitreo retinal Surgery, Center of Ophthalmology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 97:450-3. 2013
..We analysed various cytokines in aqueous humour samples in relation to aqueous flare and postoperative PVR incidence in patients with RD...