- Regulatory role of Toll-like receptor 2 during infection with Trypanosoma cruzi
Laboratory of Immunopathology, Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, FIOCRUZ, Av Augusto de Lima 1715, Barro Preto, 30190 002 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
J Endotoxin Res 10:425-30. 2004
- Inhibition of a p38/stress-activated protein kinase-2-dependent phosphatase restores function of IL-1 receptor-associate kinase-1 and reverses Toll-like receptor 2- and 4-dependent tolerance of macrophages
Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Brazil
J Immunol 171:1456-65. 2003
..These results indicate a critical role of p38/stress-activated protein kinase-2 and NF-kappaB-dependent phosphatase in macrophage hyporesponsiveness induced by microbial products that activate TLR2 and TLR4...
- Role of TLRs/MyD88 in host resistance and pathogenesis during protozoan infection: lessons from malaria
Laboratory of Immunopathology, René Rachou Institute, FIOCRUZ, Av Augusto de Lima, 1715, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Semin Immunopathol 30:41-51. 2008
..These findings suggest that MyD88 may represent an Achilles' heel during Plasmodium infection...
- Experimental chemotherapy against Trypanosoma cruzi infection: essential role of endogenous interferon-gamma in mediating parasitologic cure
Alvaro J Romanha
Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Infect Dis 186:823-8. 2002
..These results suggest that activation of the immune system by the parasite and endogenous interferon-gamma play a major role in the efficacy of benznidazole against infection with T. cruzi...
- Changes in cellular contractility and cytokines profile during Trypanosoma cruzi infection in mice
Dept of Biochemistry and Immunology, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Basic Res Cardiol 104:238-46. 2009
..Indeed, we propose a role for IFN-gamma, TNF-alpha and MCP-1/CCL2 in the mechanical heart remodeling during experimental Chagas' disease...
- Role of the Toll/interleukin-1 receptor signaling pathway in host resistance and pathogenesis during infection with protozoan parasites
Ricardo T Gazzinelli
Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Immunol Rev 201:9-25. 2004
- The endless race between Trypanosoma cruzi and host immunity: lessons for and beyond Chagas disease
Laboratorio de Immunopatologia, Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Expert Rev Mol Med 12:e29. 2010
..cruzi strain as a vaccine shuttle that elicits potent T cell responses specific to a tumour antigen and protective immunity against a syngeneic melanoma cell line...
- MyD88-dependent activation of dendritic cells and CD4(+) T lymphocytes mediates symptoms, but is not required for the immunological control of parasites during rodent malaria
Bernardo S Franklin
Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, FIOCRUZ, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Microbes Infect 9:881-90. 2007
- Trypanosoma cruzi adjuvants potentiate T cell-mediated immunity induced by a NY-ESO-1 based antitumor vaccine
Laboratorio de Imunopatologia, Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
PLoS ONE 7:e36245. 2012
..Finally, the level of protective immunity against the NY-ESO-1 expressing melanoma was associated with the magnitude of both CD4(+) T and CD8(+) T cell responses elicited by a specific immunological adjuvant...
- Macrophage signaling by glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored mucin-like glycoproteins derived from Trypanosoma cruzi trypomastigotes
Laboratory of Immunopathology, CPqRR-FIOCRUZ, Av. Augusto de Lima 1715, MG, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Microbes Infect 4:1015-25. 2002
..We discuss the possible implications of such response on the host resistance to T. cruzi infection and the pathogenesis of Chagas disease...
- Cutting edge: TLR9 and TLR2 signaling together account for MyD88-dependent control of parasitemia in Trypanosoma cruzi infection
Immunobiology Section, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 177:3515-9. 2006
..Our results reveal that TLR2 and TLR9 cooperate in the control of parasite replication and that TLR9 has a primary role in the MyD88-dependent induction of IL-12/IFN-gamma synthesis during infection with T. cruzi...
- The vaccinia virus-stimulated mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway is required for virus multiplication
Anderson A Andrade
, , Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, , 6627, Campus Pampulha, 31270-901, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Biochem J 381:437-46. 2004
..e. post-penetration, but is also crucial to define the fate of virus progeny...
- Impaired production of proinflammatory cytokines and host resistance to acute infection with Trypanosoma cruzi in mice lacking functional myeloid differentiation factor 88
Marco A Campos
Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, and School of Pharmacy, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Immunol 172:1711-8. 2004
..This pathway is partially dependent on MyD88 and necessary for mounting optimal inflammatory and RNI responses that control T. cruzi replication during the early stages of infection...
- Recruitment and endo-lysosomal activation of TLR9 in dendritic cells infected with Trypanosoma cruzi
Daniella C Bartholomeu
Department of Parasitology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Immunol 181:1333-44. 2008
..cruzi genome are likely to be main parasite targets and probably become available to TLR9 when parasites are destroyed in the lysosome-fused vacuoles during parasite invasion/uptake by phagocytes...
- Inhibition of ERK1/2 and CREB phosphorylation by caspase-dependent mechanism enhances apoptosis in a fibrosarcoma cell line treated with butyrate
Flávia L A Rabelo
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Caixa Postal 486, CEP 30 161 970, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:968-72. 2003
..In conclusion, butyrate induced apoptosis in 2C4 cells is regulated by the levels of ERK1/2 and CREB phosphorylation in a caspase dependent mechanism...
- Apoptosis induced by butyrate is independent of Jak/STAT signaling in a fibrosarcoma cell line
Flávia L A Rabelo
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 301:968-73. 2003