- Two new species of dictyostelid cellular slime molds from Alaska
Department of Systematic Botany, Uppsala University, Norbyvagen 18D, SE 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
Mycologia 102:588-95. 2010
..2006). In this paper we formally describe as new these two species of cellular slime molds, Dictyostelium ammophilum sp. nov. and Dictyostelium boreale sp. nov., based on the combination of morphological and molecular characters...
- Evolution and diversity of dictyostelid social amoebae
Program in Systematic Biology, Uppsala University, Norbyvagen 18D, Uppsala SE 75236, Sweden
Protist 163:327-43. 2012
..In this review we summarize the latest information about their life cycle, taxonomy, evolutionary history, genome projects and practical importance...
- A new species of cellular slime mold from southern Portugal based on morphology, ITS and SSU sequences
Systematic Botany, Uppsala University, Norbyvagen 18D SE 752 36, Uppsala, Sweden
Mycologia 101:269-74. 2009
..8% identity for ITS and 96.6% for SSU. In this paper we describe a new species of cellular slime mold, Dictyostelium ibericum, based on morphological and molecular characters. It is a small species with polar granules in its spores...
- A fully resolved phylogeny of the social amoebas (Dictyostelia) based on combined SSU and ITS rDNA sequences
Department of Systematic Botany, Evolutionary Biology Centre, Norbyvagen 18D, University of Uppsala, SE 75420 Uppsala, Sweden
Protist 161:539-48. 2010
..This now fully resolved phylogeny confirms the utility of ITS for dictyostelid systematics and lays the ground work for further evolutionary study of the group...
- Social amoebae: environmental factors influencing their distribution and diversity across south-western Europe
Department of Systematic Biology, EBC, University of Uppsala, Norbyvagen 18D, SE 75420, Uppsala, Sweden
Microb Ecol 61:154-65. 2011
..In the Iberian Peninsula, dictyostelid diversity is highest in colder and wet environments, indicating that this group has likely diversified in relatively cold places with high levels of water availability...
- An expanded phylogeny of social amoebas (Dictyostelia) shows increasing diversity and new morphological patterns
Department of Systematic Biology, Evolutionary Biology Centre, Norbyvagen 18D, University of Uppsala, SE 75236 Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Evol Biol 11:84. 2011
..Potential morphological justification was identified for three of the four major groups, on the basis of which tentative names were assigned...
- Did terrestrial diversification of amoebas (amoebozoa) occur in synchrony with land plants?
Systematic Biology Program, Department of Organismal Biology, Evolutionary Biology Centre, Norbyvagen 18 D, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e74374. 2013