Affiliation: Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Enhanced laser thermal ablation for the in vitro treatment of liver cancer by specific delivery of multiwalled carbon nanotubes functionalized with human serum albuminCornel Iancu
Department of Nanomedicine, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Third Surgery Clinic, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Int J Nanomedicine 6:129-41. 2011..These unique results may represent a major step in liver cancer treatment using nanolocalized thermal ablation by laser heating...
- Advances in cancer therapy through the use of carbon nanotube-mediated targeted hyperthermiaCornel Iancu
3rd Surgery Clinic, Department of Nanomedicine, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Int J Nanomedicine 6:1675-84. 2011..quot; This paper illustrates the potential of engineered CNTs as laser-activated photothermal agents for the selective nanophotothermolysis of cancer cells...
- Contrast enhanced ultrasound and computer tomography diagnosis of solid and mixed pancreatic tumors - analysis of confoundersTudor Andrei Vasile
Regional Institute of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Prof Dr Octavian Fodor, Cluj Napoca, Romania
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 21:285-92. 2012..CEUS and CECT showed a good diagnostic performance in differentiating benign from malignant pancreatic tumors. Enhancement pattern and tumor nature (solid vs. cystic) are independent confounders between imaging and histological diagnosis...
- Selective ex-vivo photothermal ablation of human pancreatic cancer with albumin functionalized multiwalled carbon nanotubesLucian Mocan
Department of Nanomedicine, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Int J Nanomedicine 6:915-28. 2011..We have obtained a selective photothermal ablation of the malign tissue based on the selective internalization of MWCNTs with HSA cargo inside the pancreatic adenocarcinoma after the ex-vivo intra-arterial perfusion...
- Long term outcome following surgical treatment for distal gastric cancerLucian Mocan
Regional Institute of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 3rd Surgical Clinic, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 22:53-8. 2013..This observation justifies the use of this procedure for the surgical therapy of the cancer of distal stomach...
- Laparoscopic low anterior resection with total mesorectal excision for rectal cancerFlorin Zaharie
Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Hepatogastroenterology 59:405-8. 2012..Here, we present a laparoscopic approach for rectal cancer treatment consisting in a wide resection of the rectum, including the entire fascia with the enclosed mesentery of the rectum...
- Minimal invasive treatment of abdominal multiorgan echinococcosisClaudiu Tomuş
Department of Surgery, Octavian Fodor, Regional Institute of Gastro Enterology and Hepatology, Cluj Napoca, Romania Iuliu Hatieganu, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Int Surg 98:61-4. 2013..The postoperative images at 6 and 12 months showed a decrease in size of the remnant cystic cavities...
- Double splenic artery pseudoaneurysm associating splenic infarction in chronic pancreatitisAndrada Seicean
Regional Institute of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cluj Napoca, Romania
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 21:313-5. 2012..Their association with splenic infarction was explained by ischemic pathogenesis...
- The role of i.v. and oral contrast enhanced ultrasonography in the characterization of gastric tumors. A preliminary studyRadu Badea
Department of Ultrasonography, 3rd Medical Clinic, Institute of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Med Ultrason 14:197-203. 2012..To identify the diagnosis benefits of harmonics optimized i.v. contrast enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS) in the detection and characterization of several gastric neoplasms...
- Biliary plastic stent as a matrix core for lithogenesis in the common bile duct: a rare cause of jaundiceDana Bartos
Department of Surgery, Prof Octavian Fodor Regional Institute of Gastroeneterology and Hepatology, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 21:427-9. 2012..We have not found referrals concerning the stone formation as a complication at the level of a biliary stent...
- Thoracoscopic and laparoscopic esophagectomy with cervical manual anastomosis for esophageal cancerFlorin Zaharie
Third Surgery Clinic, luliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Hepatogastroenterology 59:1835-9. 2012....
- Added value of intravenous contrast-enhanced ultrasound for characterization of cystic pancreatic masses: a prospective study on 37 patientsTudor Andrei Vasile
Radiology Department, Regional Institute of Hepatology and Gastroenterology Octavian Fodor, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iuliu Hatieganu, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Med Ultrason 14:108-14. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate the added value of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) in the pancreatic cystic mass (PCM) diagnosis by using a qualitative and quantitative analysis in order to make a relevant characterization...
- Effective colon cancer prophylaxis in mice using embryonic stem cells and carbon nanotubesTeodora Mocan
Department of Physiology, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Int J Nanomedicine 6:1945-54. 2011..However, at present, a true anticancer vaccine remains elusive. There are several lines of evidence showing that carbon nanotubes may be used to initiate and maintain immune responses...