Affiliation: Alexandru I. Cuza University
- 6-hydroxy-L-nicotine from Arthrobacter nicotinovorans sustain spatial memory formation by decreasing brain oxidative stress in ratsLucian Hritcu
Department of Biology, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Boulevardul Carol I No 11, Iasi, Romania
J Physiol Biochem 69:25-34. 2013..Also, the linear regression between behavioral measures and oxidative stress markers resulted in significant correlations. Therefore, positive effects of 6HLN on spatial memory may occur by antioxidant actions...
- Effects of lavender oil inhalation on improving scopolamine-induced spatial memory impairment in laboratory ratsLucian Hritcu
Department of Biology, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Bd Carol I, no 11, Iasi 700506, Romania
Phytomedicine 19:529-34. 2012....
- Neuroprotective effect of the methanolic extract of Hibiscus asper leaves in 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned rat model of Parkinson's diseaseLucian Hritcu
Department of Biology, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Bd Carol I, No 11 20A, Iasi 700506, Romania
J Ethnopharmacol 137:585-91. 2011....
- Brain serotonin depletion impairs short-term memory, but not long-term memory in ratsLucian Hritcu
Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Department of Physiology, Blv Carol I no 20A, 700506, Iasi, Romania
Physiol Behav 91:652-7. 2007..These results suggest that serotonin, among other neurotransmitters, play an important role in cognitive functions, especially short-term memory...
- Spatial memory deficits and oxidative stress damage following exposure to lipopolysaccharide in a rodent model of Parkinson's diseaseLucian Hritcu
Department of Biology, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, B dul Carol I, no 11, 700506 Iasi, Romania
Neurosci Res 71:35-43. 2011..Taken together, we demonstrated that activation of the immune system with LPS administration induced memory impairment and brain oxidative stress, significantly correlated with nigral lesion promoted by 6-OHDA...
- The effects of pergolide on memory and oxidative stress in a rat model of Parkinson's diseaseAlin Ciobica
Department of Biology, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Bd Carol I, NR 11, Iasi 700506, Romania
J Physiol Biochem 68:59-69. 2012..Our data suggest that pergolide facilitates spatial memory and improves brain oxidative balance, after a 6-OHDA-induced model of PD. This could be useful for further investigations and clinical applications of pergolide...
- The effects of short-term nicotine administration on behavioral and oxidative stress deficiencies induced in a rat model of Parkinson's diseaseAlin Ciobica
Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Deptartment of Biology, B dul Carol I, 11, 700506, Iasi, Romania
Psychiatr Danub 24:194-205. 2012..Also, recent reports had suggested that nicotine from smoke may contribute, at least in some parts, to the apparent neuroprotective effect of tobacco use in Parkinson's disease...
- Role of the mesotelencephalic dopamine system in learning and memory processes in the ratVasile Hefco
Department of Physiology, AlI Cuza University, Blv Carol I, NR 11, 6600 Iasi, Romania
Eur J Pharmacol 475:55-60. 2003..As compared to short-term memory, long-term memory is more susceptible to the decreased dopamine level in nervous structures involved in processing and storage of information...
- Changes of some oxidative stress markers in the serum of patients with mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's diseaseManuela Padurariu
Department of Biology, Gr T Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, 700115 Iasi, Romania
Neurosci Lett 469:6-10. 2010..Moreover, some enzymatic markers of oxidative stress are similar in MCI and AD patients, suggesting that oxidative damage could be one important aspect for the onset of AD...
- Effects of nicotine on memory impairment induced by blockade of muscarinic, nicotinic and dopamine D2 receptors in ratsVasile Hefco
Department of Physiology, Al I Cuza University, 6600 Iasi, Romania
Eur J Pharmacol 474:227-32. 2003..These results suggest that the antiamnesic effect of nicotine can result from an action at nicotinic receptors subtypes not blocked by chlorisondamine or at nonnicotinic receptors...
- Inhibition of central angiotensin II enhances memory function and reduces oxidative stress status in rat hippocampusWalther Bild
Gr T Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, 16 Universitatii Street, 700115, Iasi, Romania Center of Biomedical Research of the Romanian Academy, Iasi Branch, Romania
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 43:79-88. 2013..This could be relevant for the complex interactions between Ang II, behavioral processes and neuronal oxidative stress, and could generate important therapeutic approaches...
- Evidence of a plasmid-encoded oxidative xylose-catabolic pathway in Arthrobacter nicotinovorans pAO1Marius Mihasan
Department of Biology, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, no 20 A, 700505 Iaşi, Romania
Res Microbiol 164:22-30. 2013..Based on analogies with other pentose degradation pathways, a putative xylose oxidative pathway similar to the Weimberg pathway is postulated...
- Enhanced antibacterial effect of silver nanoparticles obtained by electrochemical synthesis in poly(amide-hydroxyurethane) mediaMarius Stefan
Faculty of Biology, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Iasi, Romania
J Mater Sci Mater Med 22:789-96. 2011..The major mechanism responsible for the antibacterial effect probably consists in clusters formation and nanoparticles anchorage to the bacterial cell surface...
- Brain renin-angiotensin system in cognitive function: pre-clinical findings and implications for prevention and treatment of dementiaAlin Ciobica
Laboratory for Experimental and Applied Physiology, Romanian Academy, Iasi, Romania
Acta Neurol Belg 109:171-80. 2009....