- CT colonography: data acquisition and patient preparation techniques
Department of Radiology, Charite Hospital, Humholdt Universität zu Berlin, Germany
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 22:405-12. 2001
..Thorough patient preparation that accommodates the technical circumstances for post-processing is also required for attaining a high sensitivity in polyp detection...
- Colonography using multislice CT
Department of Radiology, Charite Hospital, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Schumannstr 20 21, 10098, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Radiol 36:81-5. 2000
..The disadvantages must still be considered including a dataset consisting of up to 800 images representing a new challenge for postprocessing hard- and software...
- Coronary magnetic resonance angiography: experimental evaluation of the new rapid clearance blood pool contrast medium P792
Department of Radiology, Charite, Medizinische Fakultat, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Magn Reson Med 46:932-8. 2001
..05). The blood pool contrast medium P792 is well suited for MRA of the coronary arteries...
- A post-processing protocol for three-dimensional visualization of the inner ear using the volume-rendering technique based on a standard magnetic resonance imaging protocol
Department of Radiology, Charité CM, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Acta Otolaryngol 121:384-6. 2001
..Mean post-processing time amounted to 5.8 min per site. 3D imaging with the VR technique is suitable for routine inner ear assessment if direct VR, predefined PP protocols and standardized labyrinthine views are used...
- Assessment of left ventricular volumes and function: intraindividual comparison of multi-slice spiral CT and electron beam CT in an animal model
T H Wiese
Department of Radiology, , Berlin, Germany
Acta Radiol 45:819-27. 2004
..05 each). CONCLUSIONS: Image quality in MSCT is superior to that of EBCT. Functional parameters correlate well between both modalities, but the accuracy of MSCT is limited by its lower temporal resolution...
- Small bowel involvement in Crohn's disease: a prospective comparison of wireless capsule endoscopy and computed tomography enteroclysis
W A Voderholzer
Medical Clinic IV Gastroenterology Hepatology Endocrinology Metabolism, Charite University Hospital, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Gut 54:369-73. 2005
..Wireless capsule endoscopy (WCE) offers endoscopic access to the small bowel and may therefore change diagnostic and therapeutic strategies in small bowel diseases...
- [Minimally invasive thymus surgery]
J C Rückert
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral, Gefäss und Thoraxchirurgie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Chirurg 79:18, 20-5. 2008
..There are special advantages of this technique for thymectomy. An overview of the development and experiences with minimally invasive thymectomy is presented, including data from the largest series published so far...
- High-resolution petrous bone imaging using multi-slice computerized tomography
Department of Radiology, Charité CM, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Acta Otolaryngol 121:632-6. 2001
..The radiation exposure of the eye lenses is increased by MSCT as gantry angulation is not yet possible in the helical scan mode...
- Dy-EOB-DTPA: tolerance and pharmacokinetics in healthy volunteers and preliminary liver imaging in patients
Research Laboratories of Schering AG, Berlin, Germany
Invest Radiol 36:431-44. 2001
- Multislice CT coronary angiography: evaluation of an automatic vessel detection tool
Department of Radiology, Charite, Medical School of the Free University and Humboldt University, Berlin
Rofo 176:478-83. 2004
..To investigate the potential of a new detection tool for multislice CT (MSCT) coronary angiography with automatic display of curved multiplanar reformations and orthogonal cross-sections...
- [Incidence and distribution pattern of pulmonary saddle emboli: Diagnosis by electron beam tomography (EBT)]
C N H Enzweiler
Institut fur Radiologie, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Rofo 174:862-6. 2002
..To determine the incidence of acute pulmonary emboli extending across the bifurcation of the main pulmonary artery, lobar arteries or segmental arteries (interpulmonary, interlobar or intersegmental saddle emboli, respectively)...
- [Comparing the visualization of microcalcifications with direct magnification in digital full-field mammography vs. film-screen mammography]
Institut fur Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Berlin, Germany
Rofo 174:297-300. 2002
..To evaluate the conspicuity of microcalcifications in magnified mammographic views of preparations obtained with full field digital mammography (FFDM), film-screen mammography (FSM), and the DIMA technique...
- [Multislice CT of the abdomen--current indications and future trends]
Institut fur Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Mitte, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Rofo 174:273-82. 2002
..It proves to have a major diagnostic impact on acute abdominal aortic and visceral arterial diseases because even large distances in the z-direction can be covered with high spatial resolution...
- Assessment of the arteriovenous cerebrovascular system by multi-slice CT. A single-bolus, monophasic protocol
Neuroradiology Section, Department of Radiology, Department of Radiology, , Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Acta Radiol 42:560-2. 2001
..CONCLUSION: Comprehensive assessment of the arteriovenous CV system is possible by the use of a single-bolus, monophasic multi-slice scan technique...
- Diagnostic yield of wireless capsule enteroscopy in comparison with computed tomography enteroclysis
W A Voderholzer
Dept of Medicine IV Gastroenterology Hepatology Endocrinology Metabolism, Charite University Hospital, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Endoscopy 35:1009-14. 2003
..In a prospective study, the diagnostic yield of wireless enteroscopy was therefore compared with computed tomography (CT) enteroclysis...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Dynamic assessment of tracheal stenosis due to double aortic arch using low-dose, 16-slice computed tomography
Department of Neonatology, , , Berlin, Germany
Circulation 109:e308-9. 2004
- Successful endovascular treatment of infrarenal aortic rupture after chemotherapy of a mesenchymal periaortic tumor
R I Rückert
Department of Surgery, Franziskus Krankenhaus Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 33:302-5. 2007
..To report the first successful endovascular repair of a non-aneurysmal aortic rupture due to periaortic tumour regression...
- Schwannoma with angiosarcoma. Report of a case and comparison with other types of nerve tumors with angiosarcoma
R I Rückert
Department of Surgery, Humboldt University Medical School, Campus Charite Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Cancer 89:1577-85. 2000
..Schwannoma with angiosarcomatous change is a rare tumor, the clinical characteristics of which have not been analyzed...