- Development of lexical-semantic language system: N400 priming effect for spoken words in 18- and 24-month old children
Laboratoire Psychologie de la Perception, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Brain Lang 125:1-10. 2013
..The results suggest that words are categorically organized in the mental lexicon of children at the age of 2 years and even earlier in children with a high vocabulary...
- Attention and semantic processing during speech: an fMRI study
Cognitive Brain Research Unit, Cognitive Science, Institute of Behavioural Sciences, University of Helsinki, Finland
Brain Lang 122:114-9. 2012
..Our results suggest that both semantic judgement of word pairs and their passive hearing activate the same neural networks but this activation is more restricted in the passive hearing...
- Semantic processing in comatose patients with intact temporal lobes as reflected by the N400 event-related potential
Cognitive Brain Research Unit, Department of Psychology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Neurosci Lett 474:88-92. 2010
..In contrast, patients with an injured temporal lobe showed no such effect...
- Eye fixation-related potentials (EFRPs) during object identification
Department of Psychology, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Vis Neurosci 27:187-92. 2010
..The results indicate that EFRPs are modulated during consecutive fixations, suggesting that the current technique may provide a useful tool to study temporal dynamics of visual perception and processes underlying object identification...
- Word semantics is processed even without attentional effort
Department of Psychology, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Cogn Neurosci 21:1511-22. 2009
- N400 during recognition of voice identity and vocal affect
Cognitive Brain Research Unit, Department of Psychology, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Neuroreport 20:1245-9. 2009
..The present results suggest that neural substrates involved in processing speaker identity are different from those responsible for processing vocal affect...
- Separate neural processes for retrieval of voice identity and word content in working memory
Cognitive Brain Research Unit, Department of Psychology, P O Box 9, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Brain Res 1252:143-51. 2009
..The results suggest that dissociable neural substrates are recruited for processing of linguistic and extralinguistic information during the recognition period of a working memory task...
- Domain-dependent activation during spatial and nonspatial auditory working memory
Cognitive Brain Research Unit, Department of Psychology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Cogn Process 9:29-34. 2008
..Taken together, human neuroimaging results on both visual and auditory sensory systems support the idea that the prefrontal cortex is organized according to the type of information being maintained in WM...