- Effects of race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status on health information-seeking, confidence, and trust
American Legacy Foundation in Washington, DC, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:1477-93. 2012
..It is critical continually to monitor the influence of race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status in health information-seeking, confidence, and trust to ensure that health messages reach those most in need...
- Engagement promotes abstinence in a web-based cessation intervention: cohort study
Department of Research and Evaluation, Legacy, Washington, DC 20036, United States
J Med Internet Res 15:e14. 2013
..Their potential impact, however, has not been realized. It is still unclear how such interventions promote cessation, who benefits most, and how to improve their population impact...
- Primary and dual users of cigars and cigarettes: profiles, tobacco use patterns and relevance to policy
Department of Research and Evaluation, Legacy, Washington, DC, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 14:927-32. 2012
..The purpose of this study is to examine demographic profiles and tobacco use behaviors of dual, as opposed to primary, users of cigarettes and cigars...
- Cigarette smoking and mood disorders in U.S. adolescents: sex-specific associations with symptoms, diagnoses, impairment and health services use
Legacy, Washington, DC, USA
J Psychosom Res 72:269-75. 2012
..To report sex-specific associations between cigarette smoking and DSM-IV disorders, symptoms, and mental health services use related to depression and anxiety in a nationally representative sample of U.S. adolescents...
- Evidence for truth®: the young adult response to a youth-focused anti-smoking media campaign
Amanda Kalaydjian Richardson
American Legacy Foundation, Washington DC, USA
Am J Prev Med 39:500-6. 2010
..However, it is unclear how such campaigns influence young adults aged 18-24 years...
- The path to quit: how awareness of a large-scale mass-media smoking cessation campaign promotes quit attempts
Legacy, Department of Research and Evaluation, 1724 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 13:1098-105. 2011
..Although awareness of mass-media smoking cessation campaigns is hypothesized to affect quit behavior through changes in cessation-related attitudes, intentions, and motivation (cognitions), this has yet to be formally tested...
- A national mass media smoking cessation campaign: effects by race/ethnicity and education
Donna M Vallone
American Legacy Foundation, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Health Promot 25:S38-50. 2011
..To assess the effectiveness of a large-scale, national smoking cessation media campaign, the EX campaign, across racial/ethnic and educational subgroups...