Alan R Moore
Affiliation: Mid-Western Regional Hospital
Country: Republic of Ireland
- The cardiovascular systemA Moore
Department of Health Care of the Elderly, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College Hospital Dulwich, East Dulwich Grove, London SE22 8PT, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 56:254-60. 2003..Some of the age-related changes might be at least partially reversible. This may have important therapeutic implications...
- A refractory case of vasovagal syncope treated with theophyllineA Moore
Clinical Age Assessment, Unit Mid Western Regional Hospital, Limerick, Republic of Ireland
Clin Auton Res 13:293-4. 2003..Despite inconsistent clinical trial evidence to support its use, theophylline may prove useful in individual cases...
- Underlying mechanisms of impaired visceral pain perception in older peopleAlan R Moore
Department of Medical Gerontology, Mid Western Regional Hospital, Limerick, Republic of Ireland
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:132-6. 2004..Finally suggestions are made as to how newer experimental and neuroimaging techniques may help to increase understanding of this complex subject and its resulting clinical applicability...
- Orthostatic tolerance in older patients with vitamin B12 deficiency before and after vitamin B12 replacementAllan Moore
Dept of Medical Gerontology, Clinical Age Assessment Unit, Mid Western Regional Hospital, Limerick, Republic of Ireland
Clin Auton Res 14:67-71. 2004..02). We conclude that replacing vitamin B12 in older patients with vitamin B12 deficiency is associated with improved orthostatic tolerance to head up tilt...
- Treatment of vasodepressor carotid sinus syndrome with midodrine: a randomized, controlled pilot studyAllan Moore
Clinical Age Assessment Unit, Mid Western Regional Hospital, Dooradoyle, Limerick, Ireland
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:114-8. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy of treatment of the vasodepressor form of carotid sinus hypersensitivity (carotid sinus syndrome (CSS)) with midodrine...