- Excellent results after bone grafting and K-wire fixation for scaphoid nonunion surgery in skeletally immature patients: a midterm follow-up study of 11 adolescents after 6.9 years
Hand and Microsurgery Section, Orthopaedic Department, OUS Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
J Orthop Trauma 27:285-9. 2013
..Scaphoid nonunion is relatively rare in children and adolescents, and no long-term follow-up has been reported...
- Scaphoid non-unions, where do they come from? The epidemiology and initial presentation of 270 scaphoid non-unions
Hand and Microsurgery Unit, Orthopedic Department, OUS Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Hand Surg 17:331-5. 2012
..Early diagnosis and treatment of fractures and non-unions will reduce the development of degenerative wrist changes...
- Promising one- to six-year results with the Motec wrist arthroplasty in patients with post-traumatic osteoarthritis
OUS Rikshospitalet, Hand and Microsurgery Section, Orthopaedic Department N 0027 Oslo, Norway
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:1540-5. 2012
..No patient used analgesics and most had returned to work. Good short-term function was achieved using this wrist arthroplasty in a high-demand group of patients with post-traumatic osteoarthritis...
- Healing of ununited scaphoid fractures by Kirschner wires and autologous structural bone grafts
Hand and Microsurgery Section, Orthopedic Department, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 44:106-11. 2010
- Supracondylar fractures with circulatory failure after reduction, pinning, and entrapment of the brachial artery: excellent results more than 1 year after open exploration and revascularization
Hand and Microsurgery Section, Orthopedic Department, Rikshospitalet, Songsvannsveien 20, Oslo, Norway
J Orthop Trauma 25:26-30. 2011
..We have investigated the clinical and functional outcome more than 1 year after the injury in this most serious group of patients...
- Different patterns of bone fixation with hydroxyapatite and resorbable CaP coatings in the rabbit tibia at 6, 12, and 52 weeks
Orthopaedic Department, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 99:14-20. 2011
..The side effects were more serious for the HA coating and limiting the expected increase in fixation with time...
- Long-term results of scaphoid nonunion surgery: 50 patients reviewed after 8 to 18 years
Hand and Microsurgery Section, Orthopaedic Department, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
J Orthop Trauma 26:241-5. 2012
..Long-term results after surgery of scaphoid nonunion reporting clinical, radiologic, and subjective outcomes are scarce...
- Is revision bone grafting worthwhile after failed surgery for scaphoid nonunion? Minimum 8 year follow-up of 18 patients
Hand and Microsurgery Section, Orthopaedic Department, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
J Hand Surg Eur Vol 34:772-7. 2009
..Wrist degeneration increased in all but one case during the observation period. Thirteen of 16 patients with union and one patient with a persisting nonunion experienced moderate symptoms...
- Improved bone ingrowth and fixation with a thin calcium phosphate coating intended for complete resorption
Orthopaedic Department, Rikshospitalet National Hospital, 0027 Oslo, Norway
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 83:9-15. 2007
..This unloaded short-term study has shown promising results for the easily applicable and resorbable coat (Bonit) compared to uncoated titanium-alloy implants...