- Improving mental and neurological health research in Latin America: a qualitative study
Laboratorios de Investigación y Desarrollo, Facultad de Ciencias y Filosofia, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
BMC Public Health 9:334. 2009
..This study aims to address the situation by identifying initiatives that could improve MN health research activities and implementation of their results in the Latin American region...
- Scarcity and inequity of mental health research resources in low-and-middle income countries: a global survey
Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Health Policy 94:211-20. 2010
..To map mental health research capacity and resources in low-and-middle-income countries (LAMIC) for the years 1993-2003...
- Leading countries in mental health research in Latin America and the Caribbean
Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 29:118-22. 2007
..The objective of this paper is to describe the development of mental health research in Latin American and the Caribbean countries from 1995 to 2005...
- Challenges to reduce the '10/90 gap': mental health research in Latin American and Caribbean countries
Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Psychiatr Scand 118:490-8. 2008
..To analyze the status of mental health research in 30 Latin American and Caribbean countries (LAC)...
- The contribution of Latin American and Caribbean countries on culture bound syndromes studies for the ICD-10 revision: key findings from a working in progress
Centro de Economia em Saúde Mental, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 33:S5-20. 2011
..This review aims to verify the scientific evidences for the inclusion of culture bound syndromes in the International Classification of Diseases towards its 11th edition based on studies from Latin American and Caribbean countries...
- Mental health and psychiatry research in Brazil: scientific production from 1999 to 2003
Departamento de Psiquiatria, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Saude Publica 40:93-100. 2006
..To assess the extent of mental health scientific production in Brazil from 1999 to 2003, and to identify the nature of the publications generated, their sources of finance and the ways of publicly disseminating the research findings...
- Setting priorities for mental health research in Brazil
Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 34:434-9. 2012
..The main aim of this study is to review the agenda for research priorities of mental health in Brazil...
- The impact of antipsychotic polytherapy costs in the public health care in sao paulo, Brazil
Centro de Economia em Saúde Mental CESM, Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 10:e0124791. 2015
..However, the rate of antipsychotic polytherapy has increased over the last decade, reaching up to 60% in some settings. Studies evaluating the costs and impact of antipsychotic polytherapy in the health system are scarce...
- The mental health of Korean immigrants in São Paulo, Brazil
Departamento de Psquiatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 25:819-26. 2009
..Mental health authorities should promote a healthier integration and the development of culturally sensitive mental health programs for Korean immigrants...
- Strategies for the treatment of antipsychotic-induced sexual dysfunction and/or hyperprolactinemia among patients of the schizophrenia spectrum: a review
Luciana Vargas Alves Nunes
Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Parana, Brazil
J Sex Marital Ther 38:281-301. 2012
..These trials are necessary in order to have a better compliance and reduce the distress among patients with schizophrenia...