- In vitro inhibition of pentylenetetrazole and bicuculline-induced epileptiform activity in rat hippocampal pyramidal neurons by aqueous fraction isolated from Delphinium denudatum
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, P O Box 980599, Richmond, VA 23298 0599, USA
Neurosci Lett 333:103-6. 2002
..Further studies on isolation of compounds from AF may lead to discovery of new class of anticonvulsants...
- Inhibition of sustained repetitive firing in cultured hippocampal neurons by an aqueous fraction isolated from Delphinium denudatum
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 599, USA
J Ethnopharmacol 90:367-74. 2004
..We conclude that aqueous fraction contains potent anticonvulsant compounds...
- Collaborative healthcare research: some ethical considerations
Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, 5th Floor, Dr Shariati Hospital, North Karger Avenue, Tehran 14114, Iran
Sci Eng Ethics 11:177-86. 2005
..Finally I conclude that scientists in healthcare research can play important roles beyond collaborations and contribute to bringing harmony, resolving differences across the nations and countries in today's troubled world...
- A role for physicians in ethnopharmacology and drug discovery
Department of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, P O BOX 14115 111, Tehran, Iran
J Ethnopharmacol 104:297-301. 2006
- Aging is associated with elevated intracellular calcium levels and altered calcium homeostatic mechanisms in hippocampal neurons
Department of Neurology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, United States
Neurosci Lett 418:77-81. 2007
- Anticonvulsant effect of FS-1 subfraction isolated from roots of Delphinim denudatum on hippocampal pyramidal neurons
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, PO Box 980599, Richmond, VA 23298 0599, USA
Phytother Res 17:38-43. 2003
..The results indicate that the partially purified FS-1 subfraction of Delphinium denudatum contains a potent anticonvulsant compound...
- Evidence that injury-induced changes in hippocampal neuronal calcium dynamics during epileptogenesis cause acquired epilepsy
Departments of Neurology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, and Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA 23298 0599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:17522-7. 2004
- Treatment of chronic thoracic spinal cord injury patients with autologous Schwann cell transplantation: an interim report on safety considerations and possible outcomes
Department of Neurosurgery and Iranian Tissue Bank, Tehran University of Medical Sciences Tehran University, Tehran, Iran
Neurosci Lett 443:46-50. 2008
..This preliminary report shows that autologous Schwann cell transplantation is generally safe for the selected number of SCI patients but it does not prove beneficial effects. Further safety and outcome studies are recommended...
- Behavioral and histological assessment of the effect of intermittent feeding in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsy
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Epilepsy Res 86:54-65. 2009
..We conclude that IF regimen can significantly influence various behavioral characteristics of pilocarpine model of TLE. Further studies can elaborate the exact mechanisms as well as its possible role in the treatment of human TLE...
- The efficacy of Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn. (silymarin) in the treatment of type II diabetes: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, clinical trial
H Fallah Huseini
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Medicinal Plants, ACECR Tehran, Iran
Phytother Res 20:1036-9. 2006
..In conclusion, silymarin treatment in type II diabetic patients for 4 months has a beneficial effect on improving the glycemic profile...
- Intermittent feeding attenuates clinical course of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in C57BL/6 mice
Department of Pathobiology, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Avicenna J Med Biotechnol 2:47-52. 2010
..The results of this study suggest possible role of intermittent feeding in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis patients...
- Transplantation of Schwann cells to subarachnoid space induces repair in contused rat spinal cord
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Neurosci Lett 402:66-70. 2006
..We conclude that this route can be useful for the transplantation of Schwann cells and offers a hope for the patients suffering from spinal cord injury...
- The clinical investigation of Citrullus colocynthis (L.) schrad fruit in treatment of Type II diabetic patients: a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial
H Fallah Huseini
Department of Pharmacology and Applied Medicine, Institute of Medicinal Plants, ACECR, Tehran, Iran
Phytother Res 23:1186-9. 2009
..Further clinical studies are recommended to evaluate the long-term efficacy and toxicity of C. colocynthis in diabetic patients...
- The traditional diagnosis and treatment of respiratory diseases: a description from Avicenna's Canon of Medicine
Seyyed Mehdi Hashemi
Department of Pulmonology, Faculty of Medicine, Baqiyatallah Medical Sciences University, Tehran, Iran
Ther Adv Respir Dis 3:319-28. 2009
..Nevertheless, going through a popular historic text such as the Canon of Medicine adds to our knowledge of the developments in the area of respiratory medicine at the time of Avicenna...
- Anti-inflammatory effects of serum isolated from animals on intermittent feeding in C6 glioma cell line
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Basic Sciences, Shahed University, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Neurosci Lett 487:32-5. 2011
..Further studies on the detection of factors responsible for such activities and their mechanism of action in MS pathogenesis are recommended...
- The effects of consumption of omega3 fatty acid-enriched eggs on insulin and CRP
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 15:329-30. 2005