- Postoperative nausea and vomiting (PONV) : usefulness of the Apfel-score for identification of high risk patients for PONV
Clinic for Anaesthesia, St Josefs Hospital Cloppenburg, Krankenhausstrasse 13, 49661 Cloppenburg, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Belg 57:361-3. 2006
..Each of these risk factors is supposed to elevate the PONV-incidence about 20%. The aim of the study was to validate this clinical risk assessment score in patients with high risk for PONV...
- Absorption and hemodynamic effects of airway administration of adrenaline in patients with severe cardiac disease
Department of Anesthesia, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
Ann Intern Med 132:800-3. 2000
..If intravenous access cannot be attained during resuscitation of adult patients, endotracheal application of at least 2 mg of adrenaline is recommended. However, the effects of this intervention have not yet been demonstrated in adults...
- [Caesarean section after severe trauma and cardiac arrest - a case report]
Zentrum Anasthesiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 37:109-12. 2002
..Due to the prolonged cardiac arrest that did not respond to cardiopulmonary resuscitation both physicians were convinced that immediate preclinical caesarean section represented the only therapeutical option for the unborn patient...
- Evaluation of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography under conscious sedation and general anesthesia
Dept of Anesthesia, Medical School of Hanover, Hanover, Germany
Endoscopy 34:721-6. 2002
..The aim of this study was therefore to assess the indications for ERCP under general anesthesia, and to evaluate the underlying diseases, type, and efficacy of ERCP under general anesthesia in comparison with conscious sedation...
- Cortical activity assessed by Narcotrend in relation to haemodynamic responses to tracheal intubation at different stages of cortical suppression and reflex control
Medical School of Hannover, Department of Anaesthesiology, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Anaesthesiol 20:44-51. 2003
..The aim was to illustrate how haemodynamics may only poorly reflect the level of cortical suppression and that electroencephalographic monitoring could indicate different relationships between cortical effects and haemodynamics...
- Propofol, remifentanil and mivacurium: fast track surgery with poor intubating conditions
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, Hannover, Germany
Minerva Anestesiol 77:585-91. 2011
..However, especially in combination with propofol and remifentanil onset time remains unclear and incidence of poor intubating conditions seems to be higher than in other regimes of anesthesia...