- Differentials in the quality of antenatal care in India
Western Pacific Regional Office, World Health Organization, Manila, Philippines
Int J Qual Health Care 20:62-71. 2008
..To investigate the socio-economic differentials in the quality (clinical and interpersonal) of antenatal care and also the correlation between differentials in the quality and utilization of antenatal care...
- Rural Indian women's care-seeking behavior and choice of provider for gynecological symptoms
Social Welfare Department, Indian Administrative Services, Government of Rajasthan, India
Stud Fam Plann 34:173-85. 2003
..The predominance of use of private services for self-perceived gynecological morbidity warrants the inclusion of private providers in the national reproductive health strategy to enhance its effectiveness...
- The psychosocial context of young adult sexual behavior in Nicaragua: looking through the gender lens
Center for Communications Programs, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Int Fam Plan Perspect 29:174-81. 2003
..Understanding the nature and magnitude of gender differences in sexual norms among young adults in Nicaragua, and how these differences affect sexual behavior, is important for the design of reproductive health programs...
- The impact of the national polio immunization campaign on levels and equity in immunization coverage: evidence from rural North India
Indian Administrative Service, Government of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India
Soc Sci Med 57:1807-19. 2003
..However, moderate success of the polio campaign in reducing social inequities in polio coverage may offer valuable insights into the routine health systems for addressing persistent social inequities in access to health care...
- Using willingness to pay to investigate regressiveness of user fees in health facilities in Tanzania
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Health Policy Plan 18:370-82. 2003
..The findings of the study have policy implications for the Tanzanian government's recent attempts to expand cost-sharing through community health funds at lower-level health facilities, being introduced since 1998...
- Household tobacco and alcohol use, and child health: an exploratory study from India
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Health Policy 70:67-83. 2004
..Policies and programs for child survival may also need to incorporate strategies to control household tobacco and alcohol use in addition to other ongoing interventions...
- Global public health mandates in a diverse world: the polio eradication initiative and the expanded programme on immunization in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia
Asian Development Bank, Manila, Philippines
Health Policy 70:327-45. 2004
..We investigated whether today's EPIs are ensuring universal and equitable vaccine coverage; and whether the removal of extra inputs associated with the implementation of NIDs is likely to affect EPI coverage and equity...
- An empirical investigation of attitudes towards wife-beating among men and women in seven sub-Saharan African countries
Afr J Reprod Health 8:116-36. 2004
..Proactive measures may be required to change attitudes towards wife-beating among both men and women...
- Does use of tobacco or alcohol contribute to impoverishment from hospitalization costs in India?
South Asian Regional Department, Asian Development Bank, PO Box 789, 0980 Manila, Philippines
Health Policy Plan 20:41-9. 2005
..It might be necessary to include strategies for control of tobacco and alcohol in the larger framework of poverty reduction...
- Exploring the socioeconomic dimension of adolescent reproductive health: a multicountry analysis
Expanded Program of Immunization, Western Pacific Regional Office, World Health Organization, Manila
Int Fam Plan Perspect 30:110-7. 2004
..The design and evaluation of adolescent health programs rarely account for socioeconomic differences in reproductive health needs and service utilization among young women in developing countries...