- Paraphenylene diamine ingestion: an uncommon cause of acute renal failure
Department of Nephrology, Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderabad 500 082, India
J Postgrad Med 53:181-2. 2007
..One patient has expired after two sessions of dialysis. Renal biopsy in two patients (one, postmortem) showed acute tubular necrosis along with presence of casts in tubules due to myoglobin...
- Fanconi syndrome following honeybee stings
Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderabad 500082, India
Int Urol Nephrol 44:315-8. 2012
..In our patient, thorough search for other causes of proximal renal tubular acidosis was negative...
- Right atrial thrombus due to internal jugular vein catheter
Nephrology, Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderbad, India
Hemodial Int 13:261-5. 2009
..At the end of 6 weeks he was symptom free. We compared conservative treatment with surgery for RAT. Conservative management with central venous catheter removal and anticoagulation therapy is not inferior to the surgery...
- Pseudoaneurysm of left colic artery after Tenckhoff catheter removal, with unrecognized fungal peritonitis
Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderabad India
J Nephrol 21:962-4. 2008
..A controlled trial would provide firm evidence either in favor or against formal dissection for the removal of Tenckhoff catheters...
- Fungal peritonitis in patients on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis: a single-centre experience in India
Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India
Nephron Clin Pract 110:c207-12. 2008
..The clinical features, treatment and outcome of fungal peritonitis (FP) in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) patients were examined...
- Tuberculosis in renal transplant recipients
Nephrology, Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India
Transpl Infect Dis 9:97-101. 2007
..3%). In renal transplant recipients, no deaths occurred due to TB. In 7 patients there was co-infection with cytomegalovirus and in 3 patients there was Aspergillus lung infection...
- Membranous nephropathy and granulomatous interstitial nephritis due to tuberculosis
Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderabad, India
Clin Nephrol 76:487-91. 2011
..It is also possible that it might relapse at a later date when the tuberculosis is inactive. Therefore, the association might be either coincidental or causal, and could become clearer as similar patients are reported...
- "True" mycotic aneurysm of the anastomotic site of the renal allograft artery
Chilumula Ram Reddy
Department of Urology, Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderabad 082, India
Exp Clin Transplant 10:398-402. 2012
..Both patients presented with fever and increasing serum creatinine levels. Cultures from aneurysm tissue samples have grown Aspergillus flavus. Both patients were subjected to an allograft nephrectomy, and amphotericin was given...
- Isolated skin ulcers due to Mycobacterium tuberculosis in a renal allograft recipient
Department of Nephrology, Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderabad, India
Nat Clin Pract Nephrol 3:688-93. 2007
..A 27-year-old male renal allograft recipient presented to hospital with isolated skin ulcers on both lower limbs. At presentation, he also had a low-grade continuous fever, malaise and anorexia...
- Exit site infection due to Zygomycosis resulting in abdominal wall necrosis in a continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patient
Department of Nephrology, Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Panjagutta, Hyderabad 500 082, India
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:266-7. 2007
- End-stage renal disease patients on hemodialysis: a study from a tertiary care center in a developing country
Department of Nephrology, Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderbad 082, India
Hemodial Int 15:312-9. 2011
..The rest (8.86%) continued on MHD. There were 42 (17.72%) deaths over a three-year period. The present study provided the information of the practice of hemodialysis, its population characteristics and outcomes from a developing country...
- Non-fatal gastric mucormycosis in a renal transplant patient and review of the literature
Department of Nephrology, Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderabad, India
Transpl Infect Dis 8:237-41. 2006
..We report the successful outcome of gastric mucormycosis along with Strongyloides stercoralis infection in a renal transplant patient, who has survived for 5 years. We also review the literature...
- Leprosy in a renal transplant recipient: review of the literature
Department of Nephrology, Nizam s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Transpl Infect Dis 11:557-62. 2009
..Skin biopsies and histopathological examination confirmed the diagnosis of type 2 lepra reaction or erythema nodosa leprosum. He was managed with an increase in the dose of prednisolone and thalidomide. He was continued on MDT...
- Molecular characterization of a carnation etched ring virus isolate from India
Plant Virology Laboratory, Floriculture Division, Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, CSIR, Palampur, Himachal Pradesh, 176 061, India
Acta Virol 47:105-11. 2003
..Because of global market of cut flowers and vegetative propagation it has been dispersed around the world...
- Molecular characterization of an Iris severe mosaic virus isolate from India
Acta Virol 48:65-7. 2004
- Missed opportunities for immunization: study in three medical teaching institutions
NRS Medical College, Kolkata
Indian J Public Health 48:96-8. 2004
- Parasitosis: a study among Nepali children in the district of Darjeeling
Department of Community Medicine, Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata 700014
J Indian Med Assoc 102:349-52. 2004
..The study also revealed that 19.73% and 18.91% of the mothers had no knowledge about mode of transmission and prevention of worm infestation respectively...
- Coat protein gene diversity among Chrysanthemum virus B isolates from India
Plant Virus Laboratory, Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, Palampur, India
Arch Virol 152:405-13. 2007
..To our knowledge this is the first reported evidence of homologous recombination in carlaviruses...
- A study on awareness of AIDS among school students and teachers of higher secondary schools in north Calcutta
Department of Community Medicine, Calcutta National Medical College
Indian J Public Health 45:27-30. 2001
..Training on AIDS should be emphasized on school teachers who on their turn can teach the students in a correct way about AIDS...