- The role of neuroimaging in the latent period of blunt traumatic cerebrovascular injury
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Open Neuroimag J 5:225-31. 2011
..A significant number of patients with BCVI have a latent, or asymptomatic period, in which therapeutic intervention based on the appropriate use of angiographic imaging may decrease the risk of an ischemic stroke...
- Individual patient data systematic review and meta-analysis of optic nerve sheath diameter ultrasonography for detecting raised intracranial pressure: protocol of the ONSD research group
Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69003 Lyon, France
Syst Rev 2:62. 2013
..Thus, the ONSD research group was founded to synthesize data from several recent studies on the subject and to provide evidence on the diagnostic accuracy of ONSD ultrasonography in detecting raised ICP...
- Low pulsatility index on transcranial Doppler predicts symptomatic large-vessel vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5338, USA
Neurosurgery 70:1195-206; discussion 1206. 2012
..The pulsatility index (PI) is a measure of distal vascular resistance, which may be low when there is compensatory distal vasodilatation following hypoperfusion caused by large-vessel vasospasm...
- Optic nerve ultrasound for the detection of raised intracranial pressure
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Michigan Health System, 3552 Taubman Health Care Center, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, SPC 5338, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5338, USA
Neurocrit Care 15:506-15. 2011
- Real-time ultrasound-guided percutaneous dilatational tracheostomy: a feasibility study
Department of Neurosurgery and Neurology, University of Michigan Health System, 3552 Taubman Health Care Center, 1500 E, Medical Center Dr, SPC 5338, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5338, USA
Crit Care 15:R67. 2011
..Our objective was to demonstrate that PT performed under real-time US guidance with visualization of needle path during tracheal puncture is feasible, including in patients with features that increase the technical difficulty of PT...
- Early MRI and outcomes of untreated patients with mild or improving ischemic stroke
UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Neurology 67:980-4. 2006
- Endovascular mechanical clot retrieval in a broad ischemic stroke cohort
University of California at Los Angeles Stroke Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:2048-52. 2006
..Our aim was to describe an expanded experience with endovascular mechanical embolectomy in a broad group of patients, including those not meeting entry criteria for the MERCI multicenter trials...
- Premorbid antiplatelet use and ischemic stroke outcomes
Stroke Center, Department of Neurology, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Neurology 66:319-23. 2006
..To evaluate the independent effect of premorbid antiplatelet use on incident ischemic stroke severity and outcome at discharge...
- Angiotensin 2 type 2 receptor activity and ischemic stroke severity
Stroke Center, Department of Neurology, Olive View UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Neurology 65:851-4. 2005