- Association between congestive heart failure and hospitalization in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus receiving treatment with insulin or pioglitazone: a retrospective data analysis
Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc, Lincolnshire, Illinois 60069, USA
Clin Ther 26:1400-10. 2004
..However, concerns have been raised regarding the association between TZD use and a heightened risk for congestive heart failure (CHF)...
- Comparison of pioglitazone with other antidiabetic drugs for associated incidence of liver failure: no evidence of increased risk of liver failure with pioglitazone
Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc, Lincolnshire, IL 60069, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 7:161-9. 2005
..The aim of this study was to assess the incidence of liver failure in association with antidiabetic treatment using pioglitazone vs. other oral antidiabetic medications...
- The effect of pioglitazone on glycemic and lipid parameters and adverse events in elderly patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a post hoc analysis of four randomized trials
Takeda Pharmaceutical North America, Inc, Lincolnshire, IL, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 4:123-33. 2006
..This analysis was conducted to evaluate the impact of pioglitazone (PIO), both as monotherapy and as part of combination therapy, on glycemic and lipid parameters and adverse events in elderly patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Effect of pioglitazone on metabolic syndrome risk factors: results of double-blind, multicenter, randomized clinical trials
Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc, 475 Half Day Road, Lincolnshire, IL 60069, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 21:163-72. 2005
..To evaluate the effect of pioglitazone, metformin, and/or sulfonylurea on metabolic syndrome and its component parameters after a year of treatment...
- Pioglitazone is effective therapy for elderly patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America Inc, Lincolnshire, Illinois, USA
Drugs Aging 21:259-71. 2004
..Pioglitazone as monotherapy and in combination with sulfonylurea, metformin, or insulin has consistently demonstrated improved glycaemic and lipid parameters in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Healthcare costs and prescription adherence with introduction of thiazolidinedione therapy in Medicaid type 2 diabetic patients: a retrospective data analysis
Division of Management and Policy Sciences, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 20:1633-40. 2004
..In addition differences among the TZDs with respect to these outcomes were examined...
- Utilization and costs for compliant patients initiating therapy with pioglitazone or rosiglitazone versus insulin in a Medicaid fee-for-service population
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Butler University, 4600 Sunset Ave, Indianapolis, Indiana 46208, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 12:121-9. 2006
..To compare health care utilization and costs for type 2 diabetes patients initiating therapy with one of two thiazolidinediones (TZDs, pioglitazone or rosiglitazone) or insulin in a Medicaid population...
- Outcomes associated with introduction of thiazolidinedione therapy in Medicaid enrolled patients with type 2 diabetes: an updated and expanded retrospective analysis
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administration, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:551-9. 2006
- Economic impact of cardiovascular co-morbidity in patients with type 2 diabetes
TAP Pharmaceutical Products Inc, Lake Forest, IL 60045, USA
J Diabetes Complications 21:75-83. 2007
..To evaluate the impact of cardiovascular co-morbidity on total and diabetes-related healthcare costs in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Predictors of medication adherence and associated health care costs in an older population with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a longitudinal cohort study
Department of Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Clin Ther 25:2958-71. 2003
- Cost effectiveness of lopinavir/ritonavir tablets compared with atazanavir plus ritonavir in antiretroviral-experienced patients in the UK, France, Italy and Spain
Kit N Simpson
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Clin Drug Investig 27:807-17. 2007