- Community perception of childhood drowning and its prevention measures in rural Bangladesh: a qualitative study
Centre for Injury Prevention and Research, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Aust J Rural Health 16:176-80. 2008
..To gain an in-depth understanding of people's perception of causes and their concepts of prevention of childhood drowning in rural Bangladesh...
- Suicide kills more than 10,000 people every year in Bangladesh
Saidur Rahman Mashreky
a Centre for Injury Prevention and Research Bangladesh CIPRB, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Arch Suicide Res 17:387-96. 2013
..Age, place of residence, economic status and literacy were the major associating factors related to suicide. Adolescents, elderly and those residing in rural regions were the most vulnerable groups. ..
- Cost-effectiveness of an injury and drowning prevention program in Bangladesh
Centre for Injury Prevention and Research, New DOHS Mohakhali, Bangladesh
Pediatrics 130:e1621-8. 2012
..This study presents the cost-effectiveness of a low-cost, scalable injury and drowning prevention program called Prevention of Child Injuries through Social-Intervention and Education (PRECISE) in Bangladesh...
- Determinants of childhood burns in rural Bangladesh: A nested case-control study
Saidur R Mashreky
Centre for Injury Prevention and Research, Bangladesh CIPRB, Dhaka 1206, Bangladesh
Health Policy 96:226-30. 2010
..Burn is one of the major causes of childhood illnesses in Bangladesh and is the third leading cause of illness of 1- to 4-year-old children. Rural children are more at risk compared to urban-dwelling children...
- Children reporting rescuing other children drowning in rural Bangladesh: a descriptive study
Tom Stefan Mecrow
International Drowning Research Centre Bangladesh IDRC B, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Inj Prev 21:e51-5. 2015
..This study examines the frequency and characteristics of rescues reported by children who graduated from SwimSafe and compares them with age-matched and sex-matched children who did not participate in SwimSafe...
- Access to skilled care at home during pregnancy and childbirth: Dhaka Bangladesh
Institute of Child and Mother Health, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Int Q Community Health Educ 30:81-7. 2009
..The skilled midwives were well accepted in the community but discouraged by center authority for home birth, apprehending that it will reduce their client flow and earning. Non-cooperation by other health care providers was common...
- Unintentional injuries and parental violence against children during flood: a study in rural Bangladesh
Centre for Injury Prevention Research, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Rural Remote Health 10:1199. 2010
..The objective of this study was to examine unintentional injuries to children in rural Bangladesh and parental violence against them during floods, and also to explore the association of socioeconomic characteristics...
- Socioeconomic inequality in child injury in Bangladesh - implication for developing countries
Sheikh M Giashuddin
Department of Statistics, Jagannath University, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Int J Equity Health 8:7. 2009
..It is the main cause of deaths and disabilities of children after infancy. The aim of this study was to investigate the socioeconomic inequality in injury related morbidity and mortality among 1-4 years children...
- Talking about sexuality at secondary schools of periurban area of Dhaka city
Gynae Institute of Child and Mother Health and Centre for Injury Prevention and Research, Matuail, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Int J Adolesc Med Health 21:601-8. 2009
..Adolescents constitute 23 percent of population in Bangladesh yet access to information and education on reproductive health is limited for them...
- The magnitude of child injuries in Bangladesh: a major child health problem
Institute of Child and Mother Health, Matuail, Dhaka 1362, Bangladesh
Inj Control Saf Promot 11:153-7. 2004
..For these countries, in the advancing stages of their health transition, more research aimed at understanding the dynamic change of child health priorities is urgently needed for appropriate policy and planning...