- Biological control of mosquito populations through frogs: opportunities & constrains
National Institute of Malaria Research ICMR, Delhi, India
Indian J Med Res 128:22-5. 2008
..However, frogs cannot be used as an independent intervention for disease vector control and more research is needed to use them effectively for mosquito control...
- Effectiveness and durability of Interceptor® long-lasting insecticidal nets in a malaria endemic area of central India
Rajendra M Bhatt
National Institute of Malaria Research Field Unit, Raipur 492015, India
Malar J 11:189. 2012
..Its durability, washing practices and usage pattern by the community was also assessed up to a period of three years...
- Field evaluation of lambda-cyhalothrin (ICON 10 CS) indoor residual spraying against Anopheles culicifacies in India
National Institute of Malaria Research, New Delhi, India
J Vector Borne Dis 48:18-26. 2011
..i./m2) in Tumkur district, Karnataka; vs deltamethrin IRS (2.5% WP-20 mg a.i./m2) in Dharmapuri district; and vs lambda-cyhalothrin (10 WP-25 mg a.i./m2) in Ramanathapuram district, Tamil Nadu, India...
- Evaluation of the pyrrole insecticide chlorfenapyr for the control of Culex quinquefasciatus Say
National Institute of Malaria Research, ICMR, Dwarka, New Delhi, India
Acta Trop 118:50-5. 2011
- Chlorfenapyr: a new insecticide with novel mode of action can control pyrethroid resistant malaria vectors
National Institute of Malaria Research, Sector 8, Dwarka, New Delhi 110 077, India
Malar J 10:16. 2011
..In the present study, chlorfenapyr was evaluated against Anopheles culicifacies and Anopheles stephensi for its possible use in vector control...
- Malaria vector control: from past to future
Vector Control Division, National Institute of Malaria Research ICMR, Sector 8, Dwarka, New Delhi, 110 077, India
Parasitol Res 108:757-79. 2011
..This review article raises issues associated with the present-day vector control strategies and state opportunities with a focus on ongoing research and recent advances to enable to sustain the gains achieved so far...
- Development of larval thermotolerance and its impact on adult susceptibility to malathion insecticide and Plasmodium vivax infection in Anopheles stephensi
National Institute of Malaria Research, Sector 8, Dwarka, New Delhi, 110077, India
Parasitol Res 107:1291-7. 2010
..Similarly, the oocyst rate was relatively more in adults that emerged from larvae pre-adapted at 40°C as compared to adults that emerged from thermally non-adapted larvae and with lower oocyst load...
- Laboratory studies on mosquito larvicidal efficacy of aqueous & hexane extracts of dried fruit of Solanum nigrum Linn
National Institute of Malaria Research ICMR, New Delhi, India
Indian J Med Res 130:74-7. 2009
..culicifacies species C, An. stephensi, Culex quinquefasciatus and Aedes aegypti to assess the possibility for use of these extracts for their control...
- Multiplex PCR assay and phylogenetic analysis of sequences derived from D2 domain of 28S rDNA distinguished members of the Anopheles culicifacies complex into two groups, A/D and B/C/E
National Institute of Malaria Research, 22 Shamnath Marg, 110054 Delhi, India
Infect Genet Evol 9:271-7. 2009
..culicifacies sibling species diverged relatively recently in evolutionary terms despite their considerable differences in bionomics...
- Reduced susceptibility to selected synthetic pyrethroids in urban malaria vector Anopheles stephensi: a case study in Mangalore city, South India
National Institute of Malaria Research, ICMR Complex, Poojanahalli, Kannamangala Post, Devanahalli, Bangalore, 562110, Karnataka, India
Malar J 9:179. 2010
..A study was undertaken in a malaria endemic coastal city Mangalore, Karnataka, South India, against the known malaria vector Anopheles stephensi...
- Larvicidal activity of neem oil (Azadirachta indica) formulation against mosquitoes
Virendra K Dua
National Institute of Malaria Research, Field Unit, Sector III, BHEL, Hardwar, India
Malar J 8:124. 2009
..Azadirachta indica (Meliaceae) and its derived products have shown a variety of insecticidal properties. The present paper discusses the larvicidal activity of neem-based biopesticide for the control of mosquitoes...
- Malaria in India: the center for the study of complex malaria in India
National Institute of Malaria Research, Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, India
Acta Trop 121:267-73. 2012
..We hope that such a multidisciplinary approach that integrates clinical and field studies with laboratory, molecular, and genomic methods will provide a powerful combination for malaria control and prevention in India...
- Efficacy of permethrin treated long-lasting insecticidal nets on malaria transmission and observations on the perceived side effects, collateral benefits and human safety in a hyperendemic tribal area of Orissa, India
Surya K Sharma
National Institute of Malaria Research, Field Station, Rourkela 769002, Orissa, India
Acta Trop 112:181-7. 2009
..The study showed that Olyset nets are effective personal protection tool that can be used in a community based intervention programme...
- Efficacy of culture filtrates of Metarhizium anisopliae against larvae of Anopheles stephensi and Culex quinquefasciatus
Suman Sundar Mohanty
National Institute of Malaria Research, Indian Council of Medical Research, 22 Sham Nath Marg, Delhi, India
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35:1199-202. 2008
..quinquefasciatus except in two cases. This is the first report of efficacy of culture filtrates produced by M. anisopliae in chitin broth against mosquitoes and have potential as a biological control agent of mosquitoes...
- Observations on sporozoite detection in naturally infected sibling species of the Anopheles culicifacies complex and variant of Anopheles stephensi in India
Susanta Kumar Ghosh
National Institute of Malaria Research, Epidemic Diseases Hospital, Bangalore, India
J Biosci 33:333-6. 2008
- Efficacy of female Culex quinquefasciatus with entomopathogenic fungus Fusarium pallidoroseum
Suman Sundar Mohanty
National Institute of Malaria Research, Indian Council of Medical Research, 22 Sham Nath Marg, Delhi 110054, India
Parasitol Res 103:171-4. 2008
..The LT50 of F. pallidoroseum was 2.08 days for 4 h exposure to C. quinquefasciatus. Results of the present study confirm that F. pallidoroseum is one of the alternative biological control agents of adult mosquitoes...
- Determination of nitric oxide metabolites, nitrate and nitrite, in Anopheles culicifacies mosquito midgut and haemolymph by anion exchange high-performance liquid chromatography: plausible mechanism of refractoriness
Protein Biochemistry Laboratory, National Institute of Malaria Research ICMR, 22 Sham Nath Marg, Delhi 110 054, India
Malar J 7:71. 2008
..NO metabolites, nitrite (NO2-) and nitrate (NO3-) are produced by the action of an inducible Anopheles culicifacies NO synthase (AcNOS) in mosquito mid-guts and may be central to anti-parasitic arsenal of these mosquitoes...