- Results of combined phacoemulsification and trabeculectomy with mitomycin C in pseudoexfoliation versus non-pseudoexfoliation glaucoma
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:1236-40. 2005
- Glaucoma laser and surgical procedure rates in Canada: a long-term profile
Robert J Campbell
Department of Ophthalmology, Queen s University, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 43:449-53. 2008
..The objective of this study was to synthesize Canadian national and provincial data regarding glaucoma laser and surgical procedure rates from 1992 to 2004...
- Laser trabeculoplasty trends with the introduction of new medical treatments and selective laser trabeculoplasty
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Glaucoma 15:306-9. 2006
..To correlate trends of laser trabeculoplasties (LTPs) with the introduction of medical therapies for glaucoma and to assess whether these trends changed after the introduction of selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) in 2001...
- Effect of medical therapy on glaucoma filtration surgery rates in Ontario
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Toronto Western Hospital, and Department of Public Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Arch Ophthalmol 124:1472-7. 2006
..To analyze trends of glaucoma filtration surgery in Ontario...
- Cataract surgery rates in Ontario, Canada, from 1992 to 2004: more surgeries with fewer ophthalmologists
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Toronto Western Hospital, Ont
Can J Ophthalmol 42:539-42. 2007
..To evaluate trends in cataract surgeries in Ontario between 1992 and 2004...
- Intermediate-term outcome and success of superior versus inferior Ahmed Glaucoma Valve implantation
J Glaucoma 17:584-90. 2008
..Inferior placement of glaucoma drainage device is considered technically difficult. The purpose was to determine the success rates, complications, and visual outcome of superior versus inferior Ahmed Glaucoma Valve implantation...
- Ahmed glaucoma valve implantation in uveitic glaucoma versus open-angle glaucoma patients
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 43:462-7. 2008
..However, the success and complication rates of GDDs in UG patients utilizing a control group with standard demographic data, design, and surgical technique have never been evaluated...
- Outcome of Ahmed valve implantation when preoperative IOP less than 21 mm Hg
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Toronto Western Hospital, Ontario, Canada
J Glaucoma 18:674-8. 2009
..To examine the results of Ahmed glaucoma drainage device (GDD) implantation in patients with a preoperative intraocular pressure (IOP) of 20 mm Hg or less...
- Retinal arteriolar vascular reactivity in untreated and progressive primary open-angle glaucoma
Subha T Venkataraman
Glaucoma and Retina Research Group, Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:2043-50. 2010
..Conclusions. A reduced magnitude of arteriolar vascular reactivity in response to normoxic hypercapnia was shown in uPOAG and in pPOAG. Vascular reactivity improved after dorzolamide treatment in POAG...
- Finger massage versus a novel massage device after trabeculectomy
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 43:222-4. 2008
..The device provides the patient with audio feedback about correctly applied force, and the force applied can be customized for each patient...