Location: Seoul, Korea
RNL BIO CO.,LTD., Chairman
Bethesda Hospital, Chairman
Seoul National University,Veterinary Medicine,Adjunct professor
Far East Broadcasting Co., Korea, Auditor
Ulaanbaatar University Foundation, Director
Academia Christiana of Korea, Director
Korea Bio Venture Associlation, Director
Korean Society for Zoonoses, Director
Korean Society of Veterinary Medicine, International Collaboration Committee
LG research and developing grant (2000)
The venture business grand prize(2003)
Grand Prize at the 2007 Korea Technology Awards (2007)
Korea New Technology Product Frontier Awards (2009)
Jangyeongsil Korea Science and Technology Awards (2009)
Asia Emerging Company of the Year 2010 BioSpectrum Pacific Award (2010)
Korea Academia Christiana Awards (2011)
- Safety of intravenous infusion of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells in animals and humansJeong Chan Ra
Stem Cell Research Center, RNL BIO Co, Ltd, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Stem Cells Dev 20:1297-308. 2011..None of the patients developed any serious adverse events related to hAdMSC transplantation during the 3-month follow-up. In conclusion, the systemic transplantation of hAdMSCs appears to be safe and does not induce tumor development...
- Stem cell treatment for patients with autoimmune disease by systemic infusion of culture-expanded autologous adipose tissue derived mesenchymal stem cellsJeong Chan Ra
Stem Cell Research Center, RNL BIO, Seoul, 153 768, Republic of Korea
J Transl Med 9:181. 2011..Further clinical studies are needed that take into account the results obtained from case studies as those presented here...
- Reversal of serologic, immunologic, and histologic dysfunction in mice with systemic lupus erythematosus by long-term serial adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cell transplantationEun Wha Choi
Laboratory Animal Research Center, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Arthritis Rheum 64:243-53. 2012....
- In vitro migration capacity of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells reflects their expression of receptors for chemokines and growth factorsSun Jin Baek
Stem Cell Research Center RNL BIO Co, Ltd Seoul, Korea
Exp Mol Med 43:596-603. 2011..Prior in vitro modulation of the homing capacity of hAdMSCs could stimulate their movement into injured sites in vivo when administered intravenously, thereby improving their therapeutic potential...
- Generation of transgenic dogs that conditionally express green fluorescent proteinMin Jung Kim
Department of Theriogenology and Biotechnology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, 151 744, Korea
Genesis 49:472-8. 2011..This inducible dog model will be useful for a variety of medical research studies...
- Establishment of efficacy and safety assessment of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells (hATMSCs) in a nude rat femoral segmental defect modelHyung Jun Choi
Graduate School of Immunology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 26:482-91. 2011..In conclusion, hATMSCs loaded on HA/TCP enhance the repair of bone defects and was found to be safe under our preclinical efficacy/safety hybrid assessment system...
- Effects of expanded human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells on the viability of cryopreserved fat grafts in the nude mouseMyung Soon Ko
Stem Cell Research Center, RNL BIO Co, Ltd, Seoul 153 803, Republic of Korea
Int J Med Sci 8:231-8. 2011..The hAdMSCs enhanced the survival and quality of transplanted cryopreserved fat tissues. Cultured and expanded hAdMSCs have reconstructive capacity in cryopreserved fat grafting by increasing the number of stem cells...
- Therapeutic lymphangiogenesis using stem cell and VEGF-C hydrogelJi Hye Hwang
Department of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biomaterials 32:4415-23. 2011..Our results suggest that co-administration of hADSCs and VEGF-C hydrogel has a substantial positive effect on lymphangiogenesis...
- Transplantation of CTLA4Ig gene-transduced adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells reduces inflammatory immune response and improves Th1/Th2 balance in experimental autoimmune thyroiditisEun Wha Choi
Laboratory Animal Research Center, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, 50 Irwon dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul 135 710, Republic of Korea
J Gene Med 13:3-16. 2011..Autoimmune thyroiditis is one of common organ-specific autoimmune disease. The aim of this study was to observe the effect of adipose tissue derived mesenchymal stem cells (ATMSC) and CTLA4Ig gene-transduced ATMSC on autoimmune thyroiditis...
- Recloned dogs derived from adipose stem cells of a transgenic cloned beagleHyun Ju Oh
Department of Theriogenology and Biotechnology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, 151 742, Korea
Theriogenology 75:1221-31. 2011..In conclusion, the present study demonstrates that adipose stem cells can be a good nuclear donor source for dog cloning...
- A new diarylheptanoid from the bark of Alnus japonicaNguyen Huu Tung
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, South Korea
J Asian Nat Prod Res 12:921-4. 2010..Their structures were elucidated on the basis of extensive spectroscopic evidence. The new compound 1 showed significant hepatoprotective activity on the basis of t-butylhydroperoxide-induced hepatocyte injury in vitro assay...
- Phenolic compounds from Artemisia iwayomogi and their effects on osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cellsYan Ding
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 33:1448-53. 2010..Compounds 3, 4, 7, and 9 showed potential in stimulating osteoblastic bone formation and may be useful for the prevention and/or treatment of osteoporosis...
- An anti-influenza component of the bark of Alnus japonicaNguyen Huu Tung
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, 305 764, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 33:363-7. 2010..Betulinic aldehyde (3) exhibited a particularly strong anti-influenza effect against KBNP-0028 relative to a positive control...
- Anti-influenza diarylheptanoids from the bark of Alnus japonicaNguyen Huu Tung
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:1000-3. 2010....
- Antioxidative and hepatoprotective diarylheptanoids from the bark of Alnus japonicaNguyen Huu Tung
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea
Planta Med 76:626-9. 2010..Mixtures 1, 2-6, 10, and 11 showed good antioxidative and hepatoprotective effects as compared with the positive controls...
- Generation of red fluorescent protein transgenic dogsSo Gun Hong
Seoul National University, Korea
Genesis 47:314-22. 2009..Using this approach, we produced the first generation of transgenic dogs with four female and two male expressing RFP...
- Reversal of the TPA-induced inhibition of gap junctional intercellular communication by Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) extracts: effects on MAP kinasesJung-Ran Park
Laboratory of Stem Cell and Tumor Biology, Department of Veterinary Public Health, College of Veterinary Medicine and BK 21 Program for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Sillim 9-dong, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 151-742, South Korea
Biofactors 27:147-55. 2006..Thus Chaga mushroom may act as a natural anticancer product by preventing the inhibition of GJIC through the inactivation of ERK1/2 and p38 MAP kinase...
- Chemopreventive properties of the ethanol extract of chinese licorice (Glycyrrhiza uralensis) root: induction of apoptosis and G1 cell cycle arrest in MCF-7 human breast cancer cellsEun-Hye Jo
Department of Veterinary Public Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, San 56-1, Shillim-dong, Kwanak-Gu, Seoul 151-742, South Korea
Cancer Lett 230:239-47. 2005..uralensis might be of importance in this debate...