- Cardiovascular effects of the thiazolidinediones
Calhoun Cardiology Center University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 2202, USA
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 22:88-97. 2006
..Thus, by modulating gene expression, thiazolidinediones may provide a novel method for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases...
- A meta-analysis of the effect of thiazolidinediones on blood pressure
Prudich Medical Center, Montcalm, WV 24737, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 8:19-28. 2006
..91 to -2.02) and diastolic BP by 1.84 mm Hg (95% confidence interval, -3.43 to -0.25). Thus, TZDs lower both systolic and diastolic BP, albeit the BP-lowering effect is small and may not be of clinical significance...
- Meta-analysis of the effect of thiazolidinediones on serum C-reactive protein levels
Prudich Medical Center, Montcalm, West Virginia
Am J Cardiol 97:655-8. 2006
..24 mg/L, 95% confidence interval -2.15 to -0.32 mg/L, p = 0.008) compared with nondiabetic patients (mean -0.27 mg/L, 95% confidence interval -0.41 to -0.14 mg/L, p <0.0001)...
- Achievement of national cholesterol education program goals by patients with dyslipidemia in rural ambulatory care settings
Jim and Pat Calhoun Cardiology Center, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT, USA
Prev Cardiol 9:192-7. 2006
..13-4.89). These results indicate that a significant proportion of patients with dyslipidemia in rural practices do not achieve management goals. Strategies to improve lipid management in rural practices are needed...
- Systematic review: comparative effectiveness and safety of premixed insulin analogues in type 2 diabetes
Evidence Based Practice Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann Intern Med 149:549-59. 2008
..Evidence comparing premixed insulin analogues (a mixture of rapid-acting and intermediate-acting insulin analogues) with other antidiabetic agents is urgently required to guide appropriate therapy...