- Cross-clade protective immune responses to influenza viruses with H5N1 HA and NA elicited by an influenza virus-like particle
Rick A Bright
Novavax, Inc, Rockville, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1501. 2008
- Evaluation of influenza virus-like particles and Novasome adjuvant as candidate vaccine for avian influenza
Novavax Inc, 9920 Belward Campus Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Vaccine 25:4283-90. 2007
..Positive effect of the adjuvant was also detected using the rH9 vaccine. The results have implications for the development of safe and effective vaccines for avian influenza viruses with pandemic potential...
- Influenza virus-like particles comprised of the HA, NA, and M1 proteins of H9N2 influenza virus induce protective immune responses in BALB/c mice
Novavax, Inc, Vaccine Technologies, 1 Taft Court, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Vaccine 23:5751-9. 2005
..Thus, VLPs represent a potential strategy for the development of human vaccines against avian influenza H9N2 viruses...
- Recombinant H1N1 virus-like particle vaccine elicits protective immunity in ferrets against the 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus
Novavax, Inc, 9920 Belward Campus Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Vaccine 28:4771-6. 2010
..Moreover, a single 15mug dose of H1N1 VLPs resulted in complete virus clearance in the ferret lung. These results provide support for the use of recombinant influenza VLP vaccine as an effective strategy against pandemic H1N1 virus...
- Influenza virus-like particle can accommodate multiple subtypes of hemagglutinin and protect from multiple influenza types and subtypes
Medigen, Inc, 4539 Metropolitan Court, Frederick, MD, USA
Vaccine 29:5911-8. 2011
..We conclude that this technology may represent a novel strategy for rapid development of trivalent seasonal and pandemic vaccines...
- Influenza virus-like particles elicit broader immune responses than whole virion inactivated influenza virus or recombinant hemagglutinin
Rick A Bright
Novavax, Inc, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Vaccine 25:3871-8. 2007
..Interestingly, VLPs elicited antibodies that recognized a broader panel of antigenically distinct H3N2 viral isolates compared to rHA or WIV in a hemagglutination-inhibition (HAI) assay...
- Evaluation of HBs, HBc, and frCP virus-like particles for expression of human papillomavirus 16 E7 oncoprotein epitopes
Biomedical Research and Study Centre, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia, Lithuania
Intervirology 45:24-32. 2002
- Incorporation of high levels of chimeric human immunodeficiency virus envelope glycoproteins into virus-like particles
Bao Zhong Wang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Virol 81:10869-78. 2007
..HIV Env specific monoclonal antibody binding results showed that chimeric Env-containing VLPs retained conserved epitopes and underwent conformational changes upon CD4 binding...
- Venezuelan equine encephalitis replicon immunization overcomes intrinsic tolerance and elicits effective anti-tumor immunity to the 'self' tumor-associated antigen, neu in a rat mammary tumor model
Edward L Nelson
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, School of Medicine and Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine, CA 97697 4060, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 82:169-83. 2003
..These data support the continued development and potential clinical application of this alphaviral replicon vector system and the use of appropriately designed target antigen sequences for anti-tumor immunotherapy...
- Evaluation in nonhuman primates of vaccines against Ebola virus
Thomas W Geisbert
U S Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, MD 21702 5011, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:503-7. 2002
..The disease observed in primates differed from that in rodents, suggesting that rodent models of EBOV may not predict the efficacy of candidate vaccines in primates and that protection of primates may require different mechanisms...