Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Location: New York, NY
American Brain Tumor Association grant, Brain Tumor Center grant, American-Italian Cancer Foundation Fellowship
- Multilayer primary epithelial cell culture from bovine conjunctiva as a model for in vitro toxicity testsClaudine Civiale
Research and Development Department, SIFI SpA, Lavinaio Catania, Italy
Ophthalmic Res 35:126-36. 2003..The purpose of this study was to obtain a primary cell culture of bovine origin similar to the conjunctiva in terms of morphology and cell types, which could be of use for in vitro toxicity studies...
- CtBP3/BARS drives membrane fission in dynamin-independent transport pathwaysMatteo Bonazzi
Laboratory of Membrane Traffic, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, 66030 Santa Maria Imbaro Chieti, Italy
Nat Cell Biol 7:570-80. 2005..This indicates that CtBP3/BARS controls membrane fission in endocytic and exocytic transport pathways, distinct from those that require dynamin...
- The physiology of membrane transport and endomembrane-based signallingMichele Sallese
Laboratory of Membrane Traffic, Department of Cell Biology and Oncology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Santa Maria Imbaro, Chieti, Italy
EMBO J 25:2663-73. 2006....
- A traffic-activated Golgi-based signalling circuit coordinates the secretory pathwayTeodoro Pulvirenti
Laboratory of Membrane Traffic, Department of Cell Biology and Oncology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, 66030 Santa Maria Imbaro Chieti, Italy
Nat Cell Biol 10:912-22. 2008..The concepts emerging from this study should help to understand the control circuits that coordinate high-order cellular functions...
- SRC-dependent signalling regulates actin ruffle formation induced by glycerophosphoinositol 4-phosphateBeatrice Maria Filippi
Department of Cell Biology and Oncology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Via Nazionale 8 A, 66030 Santa Maria Imbaro, Chieti, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:2311-22. 2008....
- Group IV phospholipase A(2)alpha controls the formation of inter-cisternal continuities involved in intra-Golgi transportEnrica San Pietro
Department of Cell Biology and Oncology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Chieti, Italy
PLoS Biol 7:e1000194. 2009..These findings identify cPLA(2)alpha as the first component of the machinery that is responsible for the formation of intercisternal tubular continuities and support a role for these continuities in transport through the Golgi complex...
- Dishevelled 2 signaling promotes self-renewal and tumorigenicity in human gliomasTeodoro Pulvirenti
Cell Biology Program, Department of Neurosurgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Res 71:7280-90. 2011..The data therefore suggest that both canonical and noncanonical Wnt signaling pathways downstream of Dvl2 cooperate to maintain the proliferative capacity of human glioblastomas...