- Liver transplantation in genetic defects of hepatocytes
Centro Trasfusionale e di Immunologia dei Trapianti, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Via F. Sforza 35, 20122 Milano, Italy
Transplant Proc 35:1049. 2003
- Multicenter study on hepatitis C virus infection in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy. North Italy Transplant Program (NITP)
Centro Trasfusionale e di Immunologia dei Trapianti, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Milano, Italy
J Med Virol 58:116-20. 1999
..However, since our findings are in disagreement with those obtained in smaller series of patients of other ethnicity, large studies from different countries should be conducted...
- Benefits and complications of regular blood transfusion in patients with beta-thalassaemia major
Centro Trasfusionale e di Immunologia dei Trapianti, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, Italia
Vox Sang 79:129-37. 2000
..The potential role of these multiple infections in inducing clinical disease is still uncertain, and needs to be thoroughly clarified in future surveys...
- Clinical and histological characterization of liver disease in patients with transfusion-dependent beta-thalassemia. A multicenter study of 117 cases
Dept of Blood Transfusion and Transplantation Immunology, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Milan, Italy
Haematologica 89:1179-86. 2004
..We conducted a multicenter study within the Cooleycare Group to describe the clinical and histopathological features of liver disease in currently treated thalassemics...
- High frequency of anti-endomysial reactivity in candidates to heart transplant
Blood Transfusion and Transplant Immunology Centre, University of Milan, Milano, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 34:39-43. 2002
..A possible link between coeliac disease and dilated cardiomyopathy has recently been suggested...
- Transmission of viral hepatitis by blood and blood derivatives: current risks, past heritage
Blood Transfusion and Transplantation Immunology Centre, Postgraduate School of Gastroenetrology, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, University of Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 34:812-7. 2002
..The present article reviews these issues...
- Updated definitions of healthy ranges for serum alanine aminotransferase levels
Centro Trasfusionale e di Immunologia dei Trapianti, Laboratorio di Epidemiologia, Divisione di Ematologia, Istituto di Statistica Medica e Biometria, Cattedra di Gastroenterologia, Milan, Italy
Ann Intern Med 137:1-10. 2002
..Current standards for "normal" ALT level were defined by using populations that included persons with subclinical liver disease...
- Prevalence and clinical course of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and rate of HCV vertical transmission in a cohort of 15,250 pregnant women
Cattedra di Gastroenterologia, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 31:751-5. 2000
- High prevalence but low pathogenicity of hepatitis G virus infection in Italian patients with genetic haemochromatosis
F De Filippi
Angela Maria e Antonio Migliavacca Centre for Liver Disease, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, Italy
Ital J Gastroenterol Hepatol 30:529-33. 1998
..Various environmental factors have been shown to hasten cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with genetic haemochromatosis...
- Clinical course of pregnant women with chronic hepatitis C virus infection and risk of mother-to-child hepatitis C virus transmission
Chair of Gastroenterology, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 33:366-71. 2001
..Finally, the appropriate timing for HCV-RNA testing in newborns has been reviewed...
- Proliferating cell nuclear antigen assessed by a computer-assisted image analysis system in patients with chronic viral hepatitis and cirrhosis
M F Donato
A M and A Migliavacca Liver Center and Italian Foundation for Research on Cancer, Unit of Liver Cancer, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, University of Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 34:197-203. 2002
..Assessment of liver cell proliferation by immunodetection of proliferating cell nuclear antigen may predict regenerative potential and survival of liver and hepatocellular carcinoma risk in patients with chronic viral hepatitis...
- Age at infection affects the long-term outcome of transfusion-associated chronic hepatitis C
Infectious Diseases Unit, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
Blood 99:4588-91. 2002
..Our findings suggest that an aggressive therapeutic approach should be adopted in patients infected by HCV at an older age to prevent the progression to end-stage liver disease...
- Transmission of hepatitis C virus by blood transfusions and other medical procedures: a global review
Department of Transfusion Medicine and Hematology, Ospedale Alessandro Manzoni, Lecco, Italy Postgraduate School of Gastroenterology, University of Milan, Italy
J Hepatol 45:607-16. 2006
..Given the substantial difference in current disease transmission patterns between the northern and southern hemispheres, the situation in developed and developing countries is separately analysed...
- Antiendomysial antibodies in patients with end-stage heart failure
Am J Gastroenterol 97:218-9. 2002
- Tissue transglutaminase antibodies in patients with end-stage heart failure
IRCCS-Ospedale Maggiore, University of Milan, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2850-4. 2002
..IgA tTGA-positive sera were also IgG tTGA positive. CONCLUSIONS: IgA and IgG tTGA occur in a large number of EmA-negative patients with end-stage heart failure, and their presence is unlikely to be caused by concomitant CD...
- Viral and metabolic factors influencing alanine aminotransferase activity in patients with chronic hepatitis C
Ospedale A Manzoni, Lecco and IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
J Hepatol 44:679-85. 2006
..To clarify the role and interactions of viral and host factors in inducing liver cell injury, we examined the associations of several virological and metabolic variables with serum alanine aminotransferase levels...
- Non-sterile injections, contaminated blood, and the spread of HIV
Lancet 368:1064-5. 2006
- Chronic hepatitis C in patients with persistently normal alanine transaminase levels
Mitchell L Shiffman
Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA, and Hospital General de Valencia, Spain
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:645-52. 2006
..We compared characteristics of chronic hepatitis C patients with patients with normal and elevated ALT levels using data from 3 randomized phase III trials of peginterferon alfa-2a (40 kDa)...
- Drawing conclusions about short-term variability in liver function test results
Ann Intern Med 149:145; author reply 145-6. 2008
- Impact of body mass index on short-term outcome after acute myocardial infarction: does excess body weight have a paradoxical protective role?
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgiche, Sezione di Cardiologia, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Italy
Int J Cardiol 107:395-9. 2006
..However, the relation between BMI (body mass index) and outcome in patients with AMI has not been completely clarified. The aim of our study was to assess the impact of BMI on short-term outcome after AMI...
- Occult HBV infection and blood transfusion
J Hepatol 44:818; author reply 819. 2006
- Spectrum of NAFLD and diagnostic implications of the proposed new normal range for serum ALT in obese women
Hepatology 42:1460-1; author reply 1461. 2005
- Peginterferon alfa-2a (40 kilodaltons) and ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C and normal aminotransferase levels
Saarland University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
Gastroenterology 127:1724-32. 2004
- Flow-cytometric approach to the prompt laboratory diagnosis of TRALI: a case report
Servizio Autonomo per il Prelievo e Trapianto di Organi e Tessuti, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Eur J Haematol 73:295-9. 2004
..In this report we describe our flow-cytometry approach to the laboratory diagnosis of a case of TRALI in a recipient of fresh frozen plasma containing human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class II antibodies...
- Unsatisfactory quality of hepatological information on the internet
J Hepatol 41:171-2. 2004
- West Nile virus and blood donors
Jean Jacques Lefrere
Lancet 361:2083-4. 2003
- Peripheral blood count abnormalities among patients with hepatitis C in the United States
Hepatology 36:1025-6; author reply 1026. 2002
- Serum aminotransferase activity and mortality risk
Hepatology 48:687-8; author reply 688. 2008