- Quetiapine effective in treatment of inappropriate sexual behavior of lewy body disease with predominant frontal lobe signs
Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi, India
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 24:136-40. 2009
..We report inappropriate sexual behaviors in a case of dementia of Lewy body disease, which improved rapidly after treatment with quetiapine...
- Infrequent near death experiences in severe brain injury survivors - A quantitative and qualitative study
Department of Psychology, Guangdong Medical College, 2 Wenming East Road, Xiashan District, Zhanjiang, Guangdong, China
Ann Indian Acad Neurol 16:75-81. 2013
..Patients recollecting any memory of their post-traumatic coma are valuable assets for NDE researchers and needs special attention...
- The conscious access hypothesis: Explaining the consciousness
Department of Psychiatry, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi, India
Indian J Psychiatry 50:10-5. 2008
..Present article reviews the "conscious access hypothesis" in terms of its theoretical underpinnings as well as experimental supports it has received...
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation in schizophrenia: the contribution of neuroimaging
Zhong de Du
Neurology Department, the 89th Hospital of PLA, Weifang, Shandong, China
Curr Top Med Chem 12:2452-7. 2012
..Our review suggests that TMS combined with other neuroimaging modalities are needed for a better clarification of its neural actions...
- Long-term concentrative meditation and cognitive performance among older adults
Ranchi Institute of Neuropsychiatry and Allied Sciences, Psychiatry, Ranchi, India
Neuropsychol Dev Cogn B Aging Neuropsychol Cogn 19:479-94. 2012
..In the current study, we extend this preliminary idea, examining the practice of concentrative meditation and the differences in the cognitive performance of older adults who have or have not employed this practice long term...
- Long-term Vihangam Yoga meditation and scores on tests of attention
Department of Psychiatry, Ranchi Institute of Neuropsychiatry and Allied Sciences, Kanke, Ranchi, India
Percept Mot Skills 110:1139-48. 2010
..Long-term Vihangam Yoga meditation improves attention span, processing speed, attention alternation ability, and performance in interference tests...
- Effect of augmentatory repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation on auditory hallucinations in schizophrenia: randomized controlled study
Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke Ranchi, India
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:386-92. 2009
- Rapid resolution of delusional parasitosis in pellagra with niacin augmentation therapy
Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi, India 834006
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:581-4. 2008
..This case may provide clues to the biological underpinnings of delusional parasitosis as well as niacin treatment as treatment option in similar cases...