Affiliation: University of Minho
- A lab-on-a-chip for spectrophotometric analysis of biological fluidsG Minas
University of Minho, Dept of Industrial Electronics, Campus de Azurem, 4800 058, Guimaraes, Portugal
Lab Chip 5:1303-9. 2005..The quantitative measurement of uric acid and total protein in urine is demonstrated...
- A collaborative biomedical engineering undergraduate work: an automatic system for blood glucose regulationGraca Minas
Industrial Electronics Department, University of Minho, Campus de Azurem, 4800 058, Portugal
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:5858-61. 2009..The work was developed by a group of ten students from the fourth year of the integrated master of Biomedical Engineering course of the University of Minho in a collaborative way...
- MCM-based microlaboratory for simultaneous measurement of several biochemical parameters by spectrophotometryGraca Minas
Department of Industrial Electronics, Campus de Azurem, University of Minho, 4800 058, Guimaraes, Portugal
Biomed Microdevices 12:727-36. 2010..The quantitative measurement of chloride, creatinine, total protein and uric acid in urine is successfully demonstrated...
- Lab-on-a-chip with beta-poly(vinylidene fluoride) based acoustic microagitationV F Cardoso
Department of Industrial Electronics, University of Minho, 4800 058 Guimaraes, Portugal
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 57:1184-90. 2010..The relative contribution of the generated heating is also discussed. The system is tested for the measurement of the uric acid concentration in urine...
- Biological microdevice with fluidic acoustic streaming for measuring uric acid in human salivaV F Cardoso
University of Minho, Department of Industrial Electronics, Campus de Azurem, 4800 058 Guimaraes, Portugal
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:5879-82. 2009..Experimental results proved that acoustic streaming based on this piezoelectric polymer is advantageous and reduces in 55% the time required to obtain the analysis results...
- Fluorescence and diffuse reflectance spectroscopy for early cancer detection using a new strategy towards the development of a miniaturized systemD S Ferreira
Industrial Electronics Department, University of Minho, Campus de Azurem, Guimaraes, 4800 058, Portugal
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2010:1210-3. 2010..Also, the suitable spectral performance of several optical filters for the selection of these wavelengths is demonstrated. The reduced size of this device will make possible its implementation in an endoscopic capsule...
- Design and fabrication of piezoelectric microactuators based on β-poly (vinylidene fluoride) films for microfluidic applicationsV F Cardoso
University of Minho, Algoritmi Research Center, Campus de Azurem, 4800 058 Guimaraes, Portugal
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2010:903-6. 2010..Indeed, the drying temperature of 30 °C proved to be the most suitable for obtaining non-porous and transparent films, with a β-phase content of approximately 75%...
- Improving alternate flow mixing by obstacles located along a micro-channelJ M Miranda
University of Minho, Biological Engineering Center, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:7034-6. 2009..This improvement can lead to shorter mixing channels and to low-cost mixers fabricated by planar lithographic technology...