- Protein phosphatase 1 and its complexes in carcinogenesis
Centro de Biologia Celular, Universidade de Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 14:2-29. 2014
..Furthermore, the possibility of PPP1/PIP complexes being considered novel targets to cancer diagnostic and therapy will be addressed. ..
- "Omics" of human sperm: profiling protein phosphatases
Centro de Biologia Celular, Secção Autónoma de Ciências da Saúde, Departamento de Biologia, Universidade de Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
OMICS 17:460-72. 2013
..These findings contribute to a comprehensive understanding of human sperm PPs, and warrant further research for their clinical and therapeutic significance...
- Identification and characterization of two distinct PPP1R2 isoforms in human spermatozoa
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, Centre for Cell Biology, Biology Department, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
BMC Cell Biol 14:15. 2013
..Preliminary results have shown a protein phosphatase inhibitor activity resembling PPP1R2 in bovine and primate spermatozoa...
- The heterogeneous ribonuclear protein C interacts with the hepatitis delta virus small antigen
Unidade de Microbiologia Médica, Centro de Malaria e Outras Doencas Tropicais, Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisboa, Portugal
Virol J 8:358. 2011
..Despite its simplicity, little is still known about the host factors that interact with the virus RNA and antigens being to modulate virus replication...
- The physiological relevance of protein phosphatase 1 and its interacting proteins to health and disease
Centre for Cell Biology, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
Curr Med Chem 17:3996-4017. 2010
..Further, it compiles 129 PP1-PIP relevant physiological interactions that are well documented in the literature. Finally, the use of PIPs as therapeutic targets will be addressed...
- Protein phosphatase 1 complexes modulate sperm motility and present novel targets for male infertility
Signal Transduction Laboratory, Centre for Cell Biology, Health Sciences Department and Biology Department, University of Aveiro, Campus de Santiago, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Mol Hum Reprod 17:466-77. 2011
..Furthermore, the potential relevance of targeting PP1-PIPs complexes to infertility diagnostics and therapeutics as well as to male contraception is also discussed...
- Identification of the human testis protein phosphatase 1 interactome
Signal Transduction Laboratory, Centre for Cell Biology, Biology Department, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Biochem Pharmacol 82:1403-15. 2011
..In fact, such diversity in PP1 regulators makes them excellent targets for pharmacological intervention...
- Understanding fatty acid metabolism through an active learning approach
Centro de Biologia Celular, Universidade de Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal Secção Autónoma de Ciências da Saúde, Universidade de Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
Biochem Mol Biol Educ 38:65-9. 2010
..Our initial analysis of the learning outcomes permits us to conclude that the approach undertaken yields results that surpass the traditional teaching methods...