O A B da Cruz e Silva
Affiliation: University of Aveiro
- Alphabeta hinders nuclear targeting of AICD and Fe65 in primary neuronal culturesA G Henriques
Laboratorio de Neurociencias, Centro de Biologia Celular, SACS, Universidade de Aveiro, Campus de Santiago, Aveiro, Portugal
J Mol Neurosci 39:248-55. 2009..In effect, Abeta can trigger a physiological negative feedback mechanism that modulates its own production...
- Identification and characterization of two distinct PPP1R2 isoforms in human spermatozoaLuís Korrodi-Gregório
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, Centre for Cell Biology, Biology Department, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
BMC Cell Biol 14:15. 2013..Preliminary results have shown a protein phosphatase inhibitor activity resembling PPP1R2 in bovine and primate spermatozoa...
- Enhanced generation of Alzheimer's amyloid-beta following chronic exposure to phorbol ester correlates with differential effects on alpha and epsilon isozymes of protein kinase COdete A B da Cruz e Silva
Laboratorio de Neurociencias, Centro de Biologia Celular, Universidade de Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
J Neurochem 108:319-30. 2009..These data have implications for the design of amyloid-lowering strategies based on modulating PKC activity...
- Wnt signalling is a relevant pathway contributing to amyloid beta- peptide-mediated neuropathology in Alzheimer's diseaseOdete A B da Cruz e Silva
Laboratorio de Neurociencias, Centro de Biologia Celular, Secção Autónoma de Ciências da Saúde, Universidade de Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 9:720-6. 2010..Consequently this peptide and the downstream signalling cascades are presently considered as potential therapeutic targets...
- Retrieval of the Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein from the endosome to the TGN is S655 phosphorylation state-dependent and retromer-mediatedSandra I Vieira
Neuroscience, Centre for Cell Biology, Health Sciences Department SACS, University of Aveiro, Aveiro 3810, Portugal
Mol Neurodegener 5:40. 2010..Further, the motif(s) in APP that regulate its sorting to the TGN have not been characterized...
- In vitro performance assessment of new brushite-forming Zn- and ZnSr-substituted beta-TCP bone cementsS Pina
Department of Ceramics and Glass Engineering, University of Aveiro, CICECO, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 94:414-20. 2010..Human osteosarcoma-derived MG63 cell line proved the nontoxicity of the cement powders, using the resazurin metabolic assay...
- Synthesis, mechanical and biological characterization of ionic doped carbonated hydroxyapatite/β-tricalcium phosphate mixturesS Kannan
Department of Ceramics and Glass Engineering, University of Aveiro, CICECO, Aveiro, Portugal
Acta Biomater 7:1835-43. 2011..Further, the powders enable pre-osteoblastic differentiation in a similar manner to control cells, as indirectly measured by ALP activity and Type-I collagen medium secretion...
- Complexing aβ prevents the cellular anomalies induced by the Peptide aloneA G Henriques
Laboratorio de Neurociencias, Centro de Biologia Celular, SACS, Universidade de Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
J Mol Neurosci 53:661-8. 2014..In hence, given that Aβ decreases the levels of proteins involved in its own clearance, this may contribute to the mechanisms underlying AD pathology. ..
- Biological responses of brushite-forming Zn- and ZnSr- substituted beta-tricalcium phosphate bone cementsS Pina
Dept of Ceramics and Glass Engineering, University of Aveiro, CICECO, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Eur Cell Mater 20:162-77. 2010..These novel results indicate that the investigated ZnCPC and ZnSrCPC cements are both biocompatible and osteoconductive, being good candidate materials to use as bone substitutes...
- Understanding fatty acid metabolism through an active learning approachM Fardilha
Centro de Biologia Celular, Universidade de Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal Secção Autónoma de Ciências da Saúde, Universidade de Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
Biochem Mol Biol Educ 38:65-9. 2010..Our initial analysis of the learning outcomes permits us to conclude that the approach undertaken yields results that surpass the traditional teaching methods...