Jose Antonio P da Silva
Affiliation: University of Coimbra
- Relationships between glucocorticoids and gonadal steroids in rheumatoid arthritisJose Antonio P da Silva
Faculdade de Medicina e Hospitais da Universidade de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Ann N Y Acad Sci 966:158-65. 2002..Possible interactions at the cell and gene level, with mutual antagonism or synergy between cortico- and gonadal steroids, open new exciting hypotheses that await clarification...
- Safety of low dose glucocorticoid treatment in rheumatoid arthritis: published evidence and prospective trial dataJ A P da Silva
Reumatologia, Hospitais da Universidade, 3000 075 Coimbra, Portugal
Ann Rheum Dis 65:285-93. 2006..Safety data from recent randomised controlled clinical trials of low dose glucocorticoid treatment in RA suggest that adverse effects associated with this drug are modest, and often not statistically different from those of placebo...
- Revisiting the toxicity of low-dose glucocorticoids: risks and fearsJosé A P Da Silva
Reumatologia, Hospitais da Universidade de Coimbra, 3000 075 Coimbra, Portugal
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1069:275-88. 2006..Clearly, there is a need for studies that are appropriately designed to address the toxicity of GCs and to avoid the risk of "throwing out the baby with the bath water."..
- Safety of low- to medium-dose glucocorticoid treatment in rheumatoid arthritis: myths and reality over the yearsTânia Santiago
Rheumatology Unit, Centro Hospitalar e Universitário de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1318:41-9. 2014....
- Safety of glucocorticoids in rheumatoid arthritis: evidence from recent clinical trialsTânia Santiago
Rheumatology Unit, Centro Hospitalar e Universistário de Coimbra, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Neuroimmunomodulation 22:57-65. 2015....
- Soft tissue injectionsLuís P B S Inês
Hospitais da Universidade de Coimbra, 3000 075 Coimbra, Portugal
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 19:503-27. 2005..The basic principles of the glucocorticoid injection method are outlined, together with a description of the practical procedure for the more common conditions...