- The Great Recession in Portugal: Impact on hospital care useJulian Perelman
Escola Nacional de Saúde Pública Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Avenida Padre Cruz, 1600 5605 Lisbon, Portugal Electronic address
Health Policy 119:307-15. 2015....
- Are chronic diseases related to height? Results from the Portuguese National Health Interview SurveyJulian Perelman
Escola Nacional de Saude Publica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Avenida Padre Cruz, 1600 560 Lisbon, Portugal Electronic address
Econ Hum Biol 15:56-66. 2014..By emphasizing the role of height and education as determinants of chronic conditions, this paper also highlights the role of conditions related to childhood health and socioeconomic background. ..
- Medical homes versus individual practice in primary care: impact on health care expendituresJulian Perelman
Ecola Nacional de Saúde Pública, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
Med Care 51:682-8. 2013..The medical home (MH) model has prompted increasing attention given its potential to improve quality of care while reducing health expenditures...
- Gender disparities in health and healthcare: results from the Portuguese National Health Interview SurveyJulian Perelman
Escola Nacional de Saude Publica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisboa, Portugal
Cad Saude Publica 28:2339-48. 2012..Gender differences in socioeconomic status explain part of the differences in health, but fail to provide a complete understanding...
- Inequality in treatment use among elderly patients with acute myocardial infarction: USA, Belgium and QuebecJulian Perelman
Escola Nacional de Saude Publica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa and CIESP, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 1600 560 Lisbon, Portugal
BMC Health Serv Res 9:130. 2009....
- Gender equity in treatment for cardiac heart disease in PortugalJulian Perelman
National School of Public Health, Nova University of Lisbon, Avenida Padre Cruz, 1600 560 Lisbon, Portugal
Soc Sci Med 71:25-9. 2010..Further investigation should help to disentangle the precise role of each of these causal factors...
- Impact of socioeconomic factors on in-patient length of stay and their consequences in per case hospital payment systemsJulian Perelman
Escola Nacional de Saude Publica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
J Health Serv Res Policy 16:197-202. 2011..We evaluate its consequences in terms of fairness in resource allocation between hospitals...