- Psychological distress, loneliness and disability in old ageConstanca Paul
UNIFAI, ICBAS, Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar, University of Porto, Portugal
Psychol Health Med 11:221-32. 2006..Attempts to improve detection and management of psychological distress in sick older people, in those who appear isolated and express loneliness should be evaluated...
- Disability and psychosocial outcomes in old ageConstanca Paul
UNIFAI, University of Porto, Portugal
J Aging Health 19:723-41. 2007..This article explores psychosocial variables associated with illness and age-related losses during old age...
- Cognitive impairment in old people living in the communityConstanca Paul
Research Unit on Ageing UNIFAI, ICBAS, Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar, University of Porto, Largo Prof Abel Salazar, 2, 4099 003 Porto, Portugal
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 51:121-4. 2010..Cognitive impairment was found to be predicted by gender, age and psychological distress, explaining 18% of variance. Findings are discussed considering available literature and possible interventions for community residents...
- Portuguese version of the Geriatric Anxiety Inventory: transcultural adaptation and psychometric validationOscar Ribeiro
Research and Education Unit on Ageing UNIFAI ICBAS UP, University of Porto, Portugal
Aging Ment Health 15:742-8. 2011..In this study, the authors examined the validity of the Portuguese version of the GAI and assessed its psychometric properties...
- Active Ageing: An Empirical Approach to the WHO ModelConstanca Paul
Research and Education Unit on Ageing, UNIFAI, ICBAS, Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar, Universidade do Porto, 4050 313 Porto, Portugal
Curr Gerontol Geriatr Res 2012:382972. 2012..The profile of active ageing is expected to vary between contexts and cultures and can be used to guide specific community and individually based interventions...
- Informal stroke rehabilitation: what are the main reasons of Thai caregivers?Pornchai Jullamate
ICBAS Institute of Biomedical Sciences of Abel Salazar, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Int J Rehabil Res 30:315-20. 2007..The health professional in Thailand should encourage stroke caregivers to continue providing informal rehabilitation services for their stroke relatives, as it might sustain the well being of stroke survivors during their stay at home...