- Epidemiology of autism spectrum disorder in Portugal: prevalence, clinical characterization, and medical conditionsGuiomar Oliveira
Centro de Desenvolvimento da Criança, Hospital Pediátrico de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Dev Med Child Neurol 49:726-33. 2007..2 in mainland, and 15.6 in the Azores, with intriguing regional differences. A diversity of associated medical conditions was documented in 20%, with an unexpectedly high rate of mitochondrial respiratory chain disorders...
- Partial tetrasomy of chromosome 3q and mosaicism in a child with autismGuiomar Oliveira
Centro de Desenvolvimento da Criança, Hospital Pediátrico Coimbra, Portugal
J Autism Dev Disord 33:177-85. 2003....
- Brief report: High frequency of biochemical markers for mitochondrial dysfunction in autism: no association with the mitochondrial aspartate/glutamate carrier SLC25A12 geneCatarina Correia
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Rua da Quinta Grande 6, 2781 Oeiras, Portugal
J Autism Dev Disord 36:1137-40. 2006....
- A 3.2 Mb deletion on 18q12 in a patient with childhood autism and high-grade myopiaMette Gilling
Department of Medical Genetics, Wilhelm Johannsen Centre for Functional Genome Research, Institute of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen N, Denmark
Eur J Hum Genet 16:312-9. 2008..Identification of multiple genetic changes in this patient with childhood autism agrees with the most frequently suggested genetic model of ASDs as complex, polygenic disorders...
- Movement disorders in Rett syndrome: an analysis of 60 patients with detected MECP2 mutation and correlation with mutation typeTeresa Temudo
Unidade de Neuropediatria, Servico de Pediatria, Hospital Geral de Santo Antonio, Porto, Portugal
Mov Disord 23:1384-90. 2008....
- Mitochondrial dysfunction in autism spectrum disorders: a population-based studyG Oliveira
Outpatient Clinic of Autism, Centro de Desenvolvimento da Criança, Hospital Pediátrico de Coimbra, 3000 076 Coimbra, Portugal
Dev Med Child Neurol 47:185-9. 2005..2%) and warranting further investigation...
- A direct comparison of local-global integration in autism and other developmental disorders: implications for the central coherence hypothesisInês Bernardino
Visual Neuroscience Laboratory, IBILI, Faculty of Medicine, Coimbra, Portugal
PLoS ONE 7:e39351. 2012..Taken together these findings suggest that other mechanisms such as dorsal stream deficits (largest in WS) may underlie impaired central coherence...
- Evidence for epistasis between SLC6A4 and ITGB3 in autism etiology and in the determination of platelet serotonin levelsAna M Coutinho
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, R Quinta Grande 6, Ap 14, 2781 901 Oeiras, Portugal
Hum Genet 121:243-56. 2007....
- MECP2 coding sequence and 3'UTR variation in 172 unrelated autistic patientsAna M Coutinho
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Oeiras, Portugal
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:475-83. 2007..Our results suggest that MECP2 can play a role in autism etiology, although very rarely, supporting the notion that MECP2 mutations underlie several neurodevelopmental disorders...
- Autoantibody repertoires to brain tissue in autism nuclear familiesSusana C Silva
, Rua da Quinta Grande 6, 2781-196 Oeiras, Portugal
J Neuroimmunol 152:176-82. 2004..The molecular identification of the target protein in Section 32 will contribute to the understanding of the role of immune responses against brain antigens in autistic patients...
- Atypical stereotypies and vocal tics in Rett syndrome: An illustrative caseTeresa Temudo
Mov Disord 23:622-4. 2008
- Analysis of highly conserved regions of the 3'UTR of MECP2 gene in patients with clinical diagnosis of Rett syndrome and other disorders associated with mental retardationMonica Santos
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, School of Health Sciences School, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Dis Markers 24:319-24. 2008..Our data suggest that mutations in this region do not account for a large proportion of the RTT cases without a genetic explanation...