Bruno Miguel Neves
- Development of an in vitro dendritic cell-based test for skin sensitizer identificationBruno Miguel Neves
Department of Chemistry, Mass Spectrometry Center, QOPNA, University of Aveiro, Campus Universitario de Santiago, Aveiro, Portugal
Chem Res Toxicol 26:368-78. 2013..Overall, our results indicate that the analysis of proposed gene and signaling pathway signatures in a mouse fetal skin-derived dendritic cell line represents a valuable model to be integrated in a future in vitro test platform...
- Activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt and impairment of nuclear factor-kappaB: molecular mechanisms behind the arrested maturation/activation state of Leishmania infantum-infected dendritic cellsBruno Miguel Neves
Faculdade de Farmacia, and Centro de Neurociências e Biologia Celular, Universidade de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Am J Pathol 177:2898-911. 2010..Overall, our data indicate that activation of Akt and impairment of nuclear factor-κB are responsible for immunogenicity subversion of L. infantum-infected DCs...
- Effect of lipopolysaccharide, skin sensitizers and irritants on thioredoxin-1 expression in dendritic cells: relevance of different signalling pathwaysVera Francisco
Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, 3004 517, Coimbra, Portugal
Arch Dermatol Res 302:271-82. 2010..We verified that LPS-induced upregulation of thioredoxin-1 expression was dependent on PI3K pathway...
- Signal transduction profile of chemical sensitisers in dendritic cells: an endpoint to be included in a cell-based in vitro alternative approach to hazard identification?Bruno Miguel Neves
Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade de Coimbra, Coimbra 3000 548, Portugal
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 250:87-95. 2011..Furthermore, we conclude this review by focusing on the most promising strategies suitable for inclusion into a cell-based in vitro alternative approach to hazard identification...
- Differential roles of PI3-Kinase, MAPKs and NF-kappaB on the manipulation of dendritic cell T(h)1/T(h)2 cytokine/chemokine polarizing profileBruno Miguel Neves
Universidade de Coimbra, Portugal
Mol Immunol 46:2481-92. 2009....
- Cymbopogon citratus as source of new and safe anti-inflammatory drugs: bio-guided assay using lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophagesVera Francisco
Centro de Estudos Farmacêuticos Faculdade de Farmácia, Universidade de Coimbra, Pólo das Ciências da Saúde, Azinhaga de Santa Comba, 3000 548 Coimbra, Portugal
J Ethnopharmacol 133:818-27. 2011..Aqueous extracts of Cymbopogon citratus (Cy) leaves are used in traditional medicine for the treatment of inflammatory conditions, however, little is known about their mechanism of action...
- Differential modulation of CXCR4 and CD40 protein levels by skin sensitizers and irritants in the FSDC cell lineBruno Miguel Neves
Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade de Coimbra, Rua do Norte, Coimbra, Portugal
Toxicol Lett 177:74-82. 2008..In conclusion, evaluation of CD40 and CXCR4 proteins in chemical-treated FSDC may represent a useful tool in a future in vitro test for sensitizing assessment...
- Neurotensin downregulates the pro-inflammatory properties of skin dendritic cells and increases epidermal growth factor expressionLucília da Silva
Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:1863-71. 2011..Overall, our results could open new perspectives in the design of new therapies for skin diseases, like diabetic wound healing, where neuropeptide exposure seems to be beneficial...