Genomes and Genes
- Mallo M, Wellik D, Deschamps J. Hox genes and regional patterning of the vertebrate body plan. Dev Biol. 2010;344:7-15 pubmed publisher..The control of these functions must have been intimately linked to the shaping of the body plan during evolution. ..
- Mallo M. Reassessing the Role of Hox Genes during Vertebrate Development and Evolution. Trends Genet. 2018;34:209-217 pubmed publisher..This new conceptual framework has broadened our understanding of both limb development and the evolution of vertebrate paired appendages. ..
- Mallo M, Kanzler B, Ohnemus S. Reversible gene inactivation in the mouse. Genomics. 2003;81:356-60 pubmed..This procedure allows the production of gene inactivation that is complete, is reversible, and can be controlled at the spatial and temporal levels. ..
- Casaca A, NÃ³voa A, Mallo M. Hoxb6 can interfere with somitogenesis in the posterior embryo through a mechanism independent of its rib-promoting activity. Development. 2016;143:437-48 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the requirement of precisely regulated Hoxb6 expression for proper segmentation at tailbud stages. ..
- Aires R, Jurberg A, Leal F, Novoa A, Cohn M, Mallo M. Oct4 Is a Key Regulator of Vertebrate Trunk Length Diversity. Dev Cell. 2016;38:262-74 pubmed publisher....