Affiliation: Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology
- Refining the genetic portrait of Portuguese Roma through X-chromosomal markersVânia Pereira
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Portugal
Am J Phys Anthropol 148:389-94. 2012..We provide evidence that a sex-biased admixture with Europeans is probably associated with the founding of the Portuguese Gypsies...
- Genetic characterization of uniparental lineages in populations from Southwest Iberia with past malaria endemicityVânia Pereira
Department of Zoology and Anthropology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto, 4169 007 Porto, Portugal
Am J Hum Biol 22:588-95. 2010....
- Study of 25 X-chromosome SNPs in the PortugueseVânia Pereira
Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Forensic Sci Int Genet 5:336-8. 2011..The X-SNP distribution in the three Portuguese regional samples did not show any significant substructure and the X-SNP distributions did not differ significantly from those of the majority of Mediterranean populations...
- A method for the analysis of 32 X chromosome insertion deletion polymorphisms in a single PCRRui Pereira
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Int J Legal Med 126:97-105. 2012..99997 and 0.999998 in trios. Finally, a segregation analysis was performed using trio constellations of father-mother-daughters in order to address the transmission pattern and assess mutation rates of this type of markers...
- A framework for the development of STR genotyping in domestic animal species: characterization and population study of 12 canine X-chromosome lociBarbara van Asch
Instituto de Patologia e Imunologia da Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
Electrophoresis 31:303-8. 2010....
- The Karimojong from Uganda: genetic characterization using an X-STR decaplex systemIva Gomes
IPATIMUP, Institute of Pathology and Molecular Immunology, University of Porto, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal
Forensic Sci Int Genet 3:e127-8. 2009..9997%), in father daughter duos (99.9862%) and in half sisters with same father (99.0331%). These results confirm the potential of this 10-plex in parentage testing and in human identification...
- Analysis of 12 X-STRs in Greenlanders, Danes and Somalis using Argus X-12Carmen Tomas
Section of Forensic Genetics, Department of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Legal Med 126:121-8. 2012..3 × 10(-3). Recombination fraction calculations performed on two generation families showed, as previously described, a not complete independence between X-chromosome linkage groups 3 and 4...
- A new autosomal STR nineplex for canine identification and parentage testingBarbara van Asch
IPATIMUP Instituto de Patologia e Imunologia Molecular da Universidade do Porto, Portugal
Electrophoresis 30:417-23. 2009..Although this STR multiplex was developed for use and tested in a case-study population, the Portuguese breed Cão de Gado Transmontano, it proved to be useful for general identification purposes or parentage testing...