Affiliation: Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology
- Vitamin D and the mammary gland: a review on its role in normal development and breast cancerNair Lopes
IPATIMUP Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Rua Dr Roberto Frias, S N, 4200 465, Porto, Portugal
Breast Cancer Res 14:211. 2012..Accordingly, we review data on the influence of vitamin D in the development of normal breast and the expression of vitamin D-related proteins (VDR, CYP27B1 and CYP24A21) in benign mammary lesions and ductal carcinomas in situ...
- Expression of FOXA1 and GATA-3 in breast cancer: the prognostic significance in hormone receptor-negative tumoursAndre Albergaria
Development Domain, Institute of Life and Health Sciences ICVS, School of Health Sciences of Minho University, Campus de Gualtar, Braga, Portugal
Breast Cancer Res 11:R40. 2009..The purpose of this study was to explore if the expression of FOXA1 and GATA-3 may provide an opportunity to stratify subsets of patients that could have better outcome, among the ERalpha-negative/poor prognosis breast cancer group...
- Alterations in Vitamin D signalling and metabolic pathways in breast cancer progression: a study of VDR, CYP27B1 and CYP24A1 expression in benign and malignant breast lesionsNair Lopes
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Porto 4200 465, Portugal
BMC Cancer 10:483. 2010..We aimed to study the expression of these three proteins by immunohistochemistry in a series of breast lesions...
- 1Alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 induces de novo E-cadherin expression in triple-negative breast cancer cells by CDH1-promoter demethylationNair Lopes
IPATIMUP, Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Anticancer Res 32:249-57. 2012..The Vitamin D receptor (VDR) was evaluated as a possible therapeutic target for metaplastic carcinomas and 1α,25(OH)(2)D(3) effects as a differentiating agent in triple-negative breast cancer cells were assessed...
- P-cadherin, vimentin and CK14 for identification of basal-like phenotype in breast carcinomas: an immunohistochemical studyBárbara Sousa
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto IPATIMUP, Porto, Portugal
Histol Histopathol 25:963-74. 2010..However, several putative basal markers have been suggested as alternatives to identify BLBC with more accuracy...
- Vessel density assessed by endoglin expression in breast carcinomas with different expression profilesNair Lopes
Institute of Pathology and Molecular Immunology of University of Porto IPATIMUP, Porto, Portugal
Histopathology 55:594-9. 2009....