- Foetal aortic flow velocity waveforms in healthy and hypertensive pregnant womenLuís Guedes-Martins
Department of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 12:1. 2014....
- The effects of spinal anaesthesia for elective caesarean section on uterine and umbilical arterial pulsatility indexes in normotensive and chronic hypertensive pregnant women: a prospective, longitudinal studyLuís Guedes-Martins
Departamento da Mulher e da Medicina Reprodutiva, Centro Hospitalar do Porto EPE, Largo Prof, Abel Salazar, 4099 001 Porto, Portugal
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:291. 2014..Therefore, the main study objective was to analyse the effect of spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section on uterine and umbilical arterial impedance in pregnant women at term diagnosed with stage-1 chronic hypertension...
- Association between dietary patterns and metabolic syndrome in a sample of Portuguese adultsMaria João Fonseca
Institute of Public Health, University of Porto, Rua das Taipas nº 135, Porto 4050 600, Portugal
Nutr J 11:64. 2012..There is scarce evidence regarding the association between diet and metabolic syndrome (MetS) in Portuguese population. We aim to evaluate the association between a posteriori dietary patterns (DPs) and MetS and its features...
- A restricted mixture model for dietary pattern analysis in small samplesA Rita Gaio
Departamento de Matematica, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade do Porto e Centro de Matemática da Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
Stat Med 31:2137-50. 2012..We illustrate our approach with an analysis of Portuguese data from a food-frequency questionnaire and with a simulation study...
- Indirect calibration between clinical observers - application to the New York Heart Association functional classification systemMilton Severo
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Predictive Medicine and Public Health, University of Porto Medical School, Porto, Portugal
BMC Res Notes 4:276. 2011..abstract:..
- Assessment of the general public's knowledge about rheumatic diseases: evidence from a Portuguese population-based surveyMilton Severo
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Porto Medical School, Porto, Portugal
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:211. 2010..To identify incorrect beliefs and common knowledge about rheumatic diseases in the general population...
- Major habitual dietary patterns are associated with acute myocardial infarction and cardiovascular risk markers in a southern European populationAndreia Oliveira
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology and Cardiovascular Research and Development Unit, University of Porto Medical School, and the Public Health Institute, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Am Diet Assoc 111:241-50. 2011..Most dietary pattern analyses in southern Europe have relied on a priori food approaches using Mediterranean-style diet indexes. These methods may not reflect the current population's food consumption...