- Dabigatran for stroke prevention in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: answers to challenging "real-world" questionsJorge Ferreira
Servico de Cardiologia, Hospital de Santa Cruz, Avenida Prof Reinaldo dos Santos, 2790 134 Carnaxide, Portugal
Thrombosis 2012:867121. 2012..This paper is the joint effort of a panel of experts from different specialties and provides information on the use of dabigatran, in anticipation of the challenges that will come with increased usage...
- Dabigatran compared with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and symptomatic heart failure: a subgroup analysis of the RE-LY trialJorge Ferreira
Hospital Santa Cruz, Lisbon, Portugal
Eur J Heart Fail 15:1053-61. 2013..We evaluated the effects of dabigatran compared with warfarin in the subgroup of patients with previous symptomatic heart failure (HF) in the RE-LY trial...
- National Registry of Acute Coronary Syndromes: results of the hospital phase in 2002Jorge Ferreira
Grupo de Estudos de Cuidados Intensivos Cardíacos em nome dos Investigadores do Registo Nacional de Síndromas Coronárias Agudas, Lisboa, Portugal
Rev Port Cardiol 23:1251-72. 2004..Nevertheless, there is great variability among the participating centers...
- Does continuous ST-segment monitoring add prognostic information to the TIMI, PURSUIT, and GRACE risk scores?Pedro Carmo
Department of Cardiology, Hospital de Santa Cruz, Carnaxide, Portugal
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 16:239-49. 2011..The aim of this study is to investigate whether CSTM adds prognostic information to the risk scores (RS) currently used...
- Subacute left ventricle free wall rupture after acute myocardial infarction: awareness of the clinical signs and early use of echocardiography may be life-savingLuis Raposo
Cardiology Department, Hospital de Santa Cruz, Avenida Prof, Reinaldo dos Santos, 2790 134 Carnaxide, Portugal
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 4:46. 2006..This case illustrates that subacute LVFWR provides an opportunity for intervention. Recognition of the diversity of presentation and prompt use of echocardiography may be life-saving...
- Nonobstructive coronary disease leading to STEMI: assessment of residual stenosis after thrombus aspirationPedro de Araújo Gonçalves
Cardiology Department, Santa Cruz Hospital, West Lisbon Hospital Center, Lisbon, Portugal
Coron Artery Dis 24:154-9. 2013....
- Diagnosis of myocardial infarction using the new universal definition: is it enough for risk stratification and guiding decision for revascularization?Rita Calé
Hospital Santa Cruz, CHLO, Cardiology, Lisbon, Portugal
Acute Card Care 12:130-7. 2010..Conclusions: In a contemporary unselected population with NSTE-ACS, the universal definition of MI alone was not adequate for risk assessment and revascularization decision making. These purposes were fully addressed with the GRS...
- [Acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock: what changed over a 10-year time span?]Helder Dores
Servico de Cardiologia, Hospital de Santa Cruz, Centro Hospitalar de Lisboa Ocidental, Carnaxide, Portugal Electronic address
Rev Port Cardiol 32:673-80. 2013..Despite improvements in treatment, mortality associated with cardiogenic shock (CS) following acute myocardial infarction remains high...
- Myocardial revascularization reverses adverse outcome in non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes complicated by heart failureLuis Raposo
Servçgo de Cardiologia, Hospital de Santa Cruz, Carnaxide, Portugal
Rev Port Cardiol 29:1131-42. 2010..The purpose of this study was to establish the effect of myocardial revascularization on prognosis in this setting...
- Metabolic score--a simple risk marker in non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromesLuis Raposo
Servico de Cardiologia, Hospital de Santa Cruz, Carnaxide, Portugal
Rev Port Cardiol 25:155-71. 2006..Atherothrombotic coronary artery disease is increasingly recognized as part of a systemic metabolic disorder. However, little is known about the significance of metabolic dysfunction in the setting of acute coronary syndrome...
- No fate but what we make: a case of full recovery after out-of-hospital cardiac arrestMafalda Miranda
Anesthesiology Department, Hospital Curry Cabral, Lisbon, Portugal
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 17:63. 2009..Furthermore, the swiftness in the detection and treatment of the acute reversible cause (myocardial ischemia in this case) was crucial for long-term prognosis...