Affiliation: Warsaw University
- Bajer A, Bednarska M, Rodo A. Risk factors and control of intestinal parasite infections in sled dogs in Poland. Vet Parasitol. 2011;175:343-50 pubmed publisher..The present study has demonstrated a high prevalence of intestinal parasites in working sled dogs in Poland, including the zoonotic human pathogens Toxocara or Cryptosporidium...
- Bajer A, Mierzejewska E, Rodo A, Bednarska M, Kowalec M, Welc Faleciak R. The risk of vector-borne infections in sled dogs associated with existing and new endemic areas in Poland: Part 1: A population study on sled dogs during the racing season. Vet Parasitol. 2014;202:276-86 pubmed publisher..Our results emphasize the need for regular monitoring for the presence of D. repens. ..
- Alsarraf M, Bednarska M, Mohallal E, Mierzejewska E, Behnke Borowczyk J, Zalat S, et al. Long-term spatiotemporal stability and dynamic changes in the haemoparasite community of spiny mice (Acomys dimidiatus) in four montane wadis in the St. Katherine Protectorate, Sinai, Egypt. Parasit Vectors. 2016;9:195 pubmed publisher
- Bajer A, Rodo A, Alsarraf M, DwuÅ¼nik D, Behnke J, Mierzejewska E. Abundance of the tick Dermacentor reticulatus in an ecosystem of abandoned meadows: Experimental intervention and the critical importance of mowing. Vet Parasitol. 2017;246:70-75 pubmed publisher..reticulatus ticks in open areas. Cessation of mowing may enhance the number of ticks and the associated risk of acquiring tick-borne diseases. ..
- Kowalec M, Szewczyk T, Welc Faleciak R, Sinski E, Karbowiak G, Bajer A. Ticks and the city - are there any differences between city parks and natural forests in terms of tick abundance and prevalence of spirochaetes?. Parasit Vectors. 2017;10:573 pubmed publisher..5%)]. Surprisingly, a similar risk of infection with Borreliella spp. and/or B. miyamotoi was discovered in highly- and low-transformed areas. We suggest that the awareness of presence of these disease agents in cities should be raised. ..