Affiliation: University of Medical Sciences
- Walkowiak J, Blask Osipa A, Lisowska A, Oralewska B, Pogorzelski A, Cichy W, et al. Cystic fibrosis is a risk factor for celiac disease. Acta Biochim Pol. 2010;57:115-8 pubmed..Genetic predisposition to celiac disease in cystic fibrosis patients is similar to that of the general population. However, our results suggest that cystic fibrosis is a risk factor for celiac disease development. ..
- DrzymaÅ‚a CzyÅ¼ S, KrzyÅ¼anowska P, Koletzko B, Nowak J, MiÅ›kiewicz Chotnicka A, Moczko J, et al. Determinants of Serum Glycerophospholipid Fatty Acids in Cystic Fibrosis. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..They seem to be caused by both metabolic disturbances and independent clinical risk factors. Further research into the influence of CFTR mutations on fat metabolism and desaturases' activity is warranted. ..
- KrzyÅ¼anowska P, DrzymaÅ‚a CzyÅ¼ S, Pogorzelski A, DuÅ› Å»uchowska M, Skorupa W, Bober L, et al. Vitamin K status in cystic fibrosis patients with liver cirrhosis. Dig Liver Dis. 2017;49:672-675 pubmed publisher..However, not liver cirrhosis, but the presence of a F508del CFTR mutation constitutes an independent risk factor for vitamin K deficiency. ..
- JÃ³zefczuk J, Malikowska K, Glapa A, StawiÅ„ska WitoszyÅ„ska B, Nowak J, Bajerska J, et al. Mulberry leaf extract decreases digestion and absorption of starch in healthy subjects-A randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover study. Adv Med Sci. 2017;62:302-306 pubmed publisher..A single dose of mulberry leaf extract taken with a test meal decreases starch digestion and absorption. These findings could possibly be translated into everyday practice for improvement of postprandial glycemic control. ..
- Nowak J, Wojsyk Banaszak I, Madry E, Wykretowicz A, Krzyzanowska P, Drzymała Czyż S, et al. Increased Soluble VCAM-1 and Normal P-Selectin in Cystic Fibrosis: a Cross-Sectional Study. Lung. 2017;195:445-453 pubmed publisher..We found higher sVCAM-1 concentrations in CF patients than in healthy subjects, which were not explained by CF characteristics. Further research is required to check whether sVCAM-1 is a marker of microangiopathy in CF. ..